Anyone in or around the Southbridge/Charlton/Sturbridge area? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-16-2010, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're moving there (from just a bit more east but still in Worcester County) this fall and would love to connect with other families in the area!

Also recs for a naturally minded family practitioner, dentist, therapist, and such would be appreciated! We might stick with our current people if no one closer is a good match.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2010, 11:07 AM

Hi there - we're in that area. I have an almost-5 year old :0 and am pregnant w/number 2 planning a VBAC/almost certainly HBAC (w/a T incision) - your doula/student midwife status is admittedly interesting I'd love to say I have good natural doc recs. - but really,I've just always researched everything and made my decisions and knew I'd refuse if necessary - and too bad what they thought. I can't say for sure if I have natural minded practitioners or just haven't crossed any major lines...? When my son ended up nursing for 4 1/2 years (child led weaning I knew if our ped. seemed in any way unsupportive we'd switch - but she always seems pretty "if he's healthy, everything's good." We use Child Health Associates in Auburn - Dr. Nancy DeTora and our ped. dentist is Dr. Darvish & Gallagher (Dr. Gallagher was my husbands dentist as a child :0 It's a bit odd now b/c while the practice in general is great - kid friendly, assistants are great, etc., Dr. Gallagher just retired and Dr. Darvish only sees "braces" patients. Dr. Dan is the new dentist and we've thought he was "fine." We've also been lucky that we've only needed cleanings and again, the girls are great - who they spend more time w/generally. Whoo - didn't mean to be so long - hope something in here is helpful. Let me know if you think of anything specific - glad to share information if I have it. Happy Move!
Old 08-24-2010, 02:04 AM

I am in Southbridge, MA. I have a 3 yo. I haven't had any issues with Charlton Family Practice. Dr. Hope Ring is the pediatrician. They respect my wishes as far as not vaccinating, also was helpful on the ones she wouldn't bother with since we have no plans to travel to any other countries, and the ones that I may want to think about. I haven't found any truly alternative practicioners out this way. There are a couple good playgroups, most are Worcester based. Check out Meetup.com.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:51 PM

Welcome to the area! I'll pm you.
BTW - glad to hear of the good rec for Dr. Dan (dentist) - thinking of switching to him. In Charlton too - nice to know there are fellow MDCers nearby!
Old 08-31-2010, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Glad to find some other mamas around! We're moving next month. Thanks for the recs - I'll be looking into those.

User Tag List