Where do you send your lo to preschool in the Springfield area? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-27-2010, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are thinking of sending DD to preschool next fall. I'm looking for recommendations for preschools in the Springfield area (NoHo area is just a little too far). I'd love a more play-based approach rather than an academic focus. Thanks for any input.

Along the same lines, anyone know of any fantastic schools in this area? Homeschooling won't work for us but I'd love to give my children an education beyond what many public schools can offer (ie teaching values, importance of community, meeting individual differences and interests, using art, nature, play routinely in the curriculum).

thanks!

Mama to DD1 2007, DS 2009, DD2 2012, What a Journey this parenting thing is...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 10-30-2010, 03:52 PM

We just went through the process of choosing a preschool a few months ago and toured/interviewed half a dozen in the Springfield area. I recommend you check out the Jewish Community Center on Dickinson St., Trinity Nursery School on Sumner Ave. and Longmeadow Montessori Intl. in Longmeadow on Route 5. There are a couple of others that I would not suggest and you can PM me if you would like that info. These three schools all came highly recommended, each has it's own style/philosophy and all three are great in their own way. You should definitely make appointments to tour several schools before you make your decision and DO bring your child. It really helps get a feel for how they respond in the environment and how the staff interacts with them. Good luck in your search!
#3 of 4 Old 10-31-2010, 12:31 AM

Does anyone have any experience with Prelude Preschool to theArts? even if you have just toured or heard anything - I would be interested!
#4 of 4 Old 11-10-2010, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for responding.

I too am interested in learning more about Prelude.  It seems like a really neat concept.

Mama to DD1 2007, DS 2009, DD2 2012, What a Journey this parenting thing is...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page