Recommendations for Childbirth Classes - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-15-2010, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Y'all!  Does anyone have suggestions for childbirth classes in RI?  Either at one of the hospitals or elsewhere.  Thanks for any suggestions.

heartbeat.gif Loving wife to DH of 7 years and Mama to Colton - April 13, 2011baby.gif

#2 of 7 Old 12-04-2010, 05:13 AM

Hi there!! and congratulations!

Well I think that there are childbirth classes at W&I, at least there was when I had my first 8 years ago. But not sure about the other hospitals.

Maybe Bellani Maternity on Rt. 2 in Warwick does some kind of childbirth prep class, not sure though.

I did not take a breastfeeding class, as I thought ( in my ignorance ) that hey, it's natural how hard can it be, but I really do wish that I had, as I had NO support system and no knowledge at all, apart from a very nice Birthing Center nurse helping me for 20 mins.

I think it depends on where you want to give birth, then if at a hospital,you can get classes from there.

I am sure that you can find Hypnobabies/ Hypnobirthing into on here also.

Good Luck :)

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#3 of 7 Old 12-06-2010, 03:42 PM

Hi and congrats. I took the basic childbirth education class at W&I almost two years ago. I would recommend it if you have absolutely no clue about your body anatomy, labor, fetal monitoring... DH and I didn't feel like there was enough labor/coaching techniques for us and we had already learned the stuff that was taught in class through books. We have heard the ABC classes and W&I are much better. Also, I second Bellani. I haven't taken any classes there but everyone is very helpful. We were planning on doing a Bradley class there, but the timing doesn't work so we are doing hypnobabies home study.

married 11/06, DD May 2009, DS  April 2011successful, natural 9lbs 6ozvbac.gif

#4 of 7 Old 12-07-2010, 09:03 AM

I think there's already a thread on this - but definitely anything Kaeli Sutton does at the Motion Center in PVD - check their site.

#5 of 7 Old 12-07-2010, 07:24 PM

The hospital classes are nothing I would recommend anyone to take who wants a natural child birth.

Kaeli's class at the motion center was wonderful. She is an awesome person to work with. She offers a contemplative birthing class as well as prenatal yoga. Her class has helped us so much, not only in preparing for birth but also in preparing to become parents.

Mom since Oct'09. Wife to a loving husband. Expecting a little bean in May'12

#6 of 7 Old 12-10-2010, 08:03 AM

#7 of 7 Old 12-10-2010, 11:02 AM

actually, thinking about it now, the class must have been the abc childbirth class. I do remember it was in the evening, and we toured the abc. I don't remember any kind of info about birth though.

I do remember taking a class about the stages of labour, how to diaper a baby etc on a Saturday morning.

Hmm, my poor brain!

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page