vaccine exemption for private school in MA? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-21-2010, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've read through the archives here, but I'm still having trouble figuring this all out.  I was hoping to homeschool, however there's a good chance that my children will be going to some sort of private school next year now.  They have had no vaccines.  One of the schools that we are considering is a private Catholic school.  I'm just wondering if anyone knows if they "have" to accept an exemption or if it is up to the individual school.  I'm planning on writing a letter about how it goes against our moral conscious to vaccinate the children.  I know the Catholic Church doesn't oppose vaccines, even the aborted fetus ones.  The other school that we are considering is a private school, non religous, and I'm not at all concerned about them.  I'm quite certain they wouldn't bat an eyelash at a vaccine exemption letter.  But we don't know that we'll be able to get into that school, so that's why we are considering the Catholic school option.

Anyone btdt?

thanks, Chelsea.

-chelsea dust.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2010, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

MA doesn't have a moral objection.  Religious or medical only.  Do you need to be catholic to attend a catholic school?  Do you consider yourself catholic?

I've claimed "beliefs" for private preschools without issue.  For public school it worked for 3 years then I got called on it and added the word "religious" to my letter.

Me.  With 1 spouse, 4 kids, 16 chickens, 74 matchbox cars, 968,562+ legos, a dishwasher waiting to be emptied, a washing machine waiting to be filled and a lost cup of tea in the house.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:06 PM

I'm not sure if a private school "has" to accept an exemption or if they are free to do as they chose. That said, my kids have been in two different private schools and it hasn't been issue. No questions were asked at all. One school needed a letter or a statement in place of the filled out vax chart. The other sent an exemption form in the welcome packet from the health office .:)

Old 12-04-2010, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

I ended up just calling the school nurse.  She assured me that they would accept the exemption without a problem.  :)

-chelsea dust.gif

User Tag List