Lincoln, RI !!!!!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-23-2010, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey mamas! 

I am finally on some great health insurance and am looking for a new pediatrician for our 13 month old little lady...any suggestions for a great doctor?  

Thanks!

mom to the awesomest 9 year old little lady. mom to the awesomest mushy baby born oct.16 2009 by successful VBAC. wife to the awesomest dude ever. life is good. at it again and due march 3, 2012!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2010, 02:25 PM

www.primapediatrics.com   Cumberland, RI, on Mendon Rd.

We love Dr. Maria Staraceiwicz (Dr. Star).  She has a thick Polish accent, but she's so nice... every time she sees DS, she exclaims, "Oh, he eez so perrrrrfect!"

She's ok with selective/delayed vax (although I'm not sure she would support no vax at all, she is pro-vaccine but is also pro-parental choice).  She's very AP friendly, nice, and caring.  They are open 7 days a week, which is nice.  Even if Dr. Star isn't taking new patients, they just hired a new doctor, who I believe is from India.  I have personally found that pediatricians who practiced someplace other than the US at first tend to make really AP-friendly choices.

Old 12-05-2010, 07:16 PM

don't know if you're still searching, but our ped is Dr Cheryl Flynn across the street from lincoln mall.

She's incredible, passionate, compassionate, dedicated and we can't say enough about her.  We've been with her for about 10 years(16 yr old and 7 yr old).  She's opened up on sat or sun when needed, there's a xray and blood place in the same building and she's fine with no-vax/delayed vax or single vaxing, extended breastfeeding, etc.  She's always interested in various homeopathic or herbal remedies.  She also knows what's going around and can diagnose in a split second, then wait for results to confirm, lol.  We nick-named her mary poppins.

User Tag List