Framingham: Looking for a Family Practice Physician, Women's Health specialty - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 12-13-2010, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is it too much to hope for? I just moved to Framingham from CT and need to find a new PCP for insurance purposes. I left behind my favorite doctor ever, a family practice doc who specialized in Women's Health. She was amazing, both for me and with my friends and their kids, so I would totally have been thrilled to have her be my children's doctor (once they arrive - we're newly married and TTC). But an hour and a half is too far to go, so I'm looking up here. Any suggestions?

I'm looking for someone who takes their time and listens well, who is on the "crunchy" side - friendly to and willing to work with midwives and other "alternative" practitioners I might want to work with down the road - and who is size accepting (I'm on the fluffy side). I also am more comfortable with a female doctor, though if the best doctor around were male, I'd consider it.

Here's what I got when I searched my insurance company's database for Family Practice folks who are close by and accepting new patients. Any recommendations from this list, or great people who aren't on the list? I'm willing to go more than 10 miles away for someone super great...

Rallapalli, Usha S., MD
72 Union Avenue
Framingham, MA 01702

Costa Batista, Paola C., MD
72 Union Avenue
Framingham, MA 01702

Gordon, Lisa A., MD
19 Concord Street
Framingham, MA 01702

Iffih, Allian, MD
19 Concord Street
Framingham, MA 01702

Singh, Harveen, MD
463 Worcester Road Suite 104
Framingham, MA 01701

Wedda, Beverly F., MD
372 Washington Street
Wellesley, MA 02481

Ratusznik-Martin, Renata C., MD
67 Union Street Suite 102
Natick, MA 01760

Wadhwani, Rita P., MD
74 Main Street
Framingham, MA 01702

Trapasso, Nimmi M., MD
372 Washington Street
Wellesley, MA 02481

Ozaydin, Julie F., MD
340 Maple Street Suite 300
Marlboro, MA 01752

Mehta, Kalindi J., MD
106 East Main Street
Westboro, MA 01581

Bassler, Elisabeth C., MD
304 Chestnut Street
Needham, MA 02492

Kogan, Irina, MD
464 Hillside Avenue Suite 302
Needham, MA 02494

Guerzon, Pearl T., MD
392 Chestnut Street
Needham, MA 02492

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 12-13-2010, 08:49 AM

Welcome to the area!  I'm in neighboring Ashland, and named Heather also:D

Alas I wish I had a rec for you. I see Dr. Cooper at the Framingham campus at Southboro Medical, and he's....okay. I have had recs on her for the midwives at Harvard Vanguard, but I have yet to actually go and make an appointment. I've always tended to find a so-so PCP and then have a great midwife, but my old one is in Beverly....a bit far for my tastes.

Come ponder with me about food!
#3 of 17 Old 12-13-2010, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome, Heather!

It looks like a couple of the doctors above are part of the Marino Center, which was recommended in another thread.

We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#4 of 17 Old 12-13-2010, 01:52 PM

Dr Chen at the Framingham branch of Southboro Medical.  She was my favorite doctor.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#5 of 17 Old 12-14-2010, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the recommendation!

#6 of 17 Old 12-14-2010, 04:51 PM

Bartlett Pond family Medicine in Northboro.

#7 of 17 Old 12-15-2010, 08:50 AM

If there is anything else you need to know about the area, I'll be glad to give you my personal recs. I've lived here for over a year as an adult, but I grew up on the outskirts of MetroWest (Medway), so I just like I'm home again.

#8 of 17 Old 01-06-2011, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post

If there is anything else you need to know about the area, I'll be glad to give you my personal recs. I've lived here for over a year as an adult, but I grew up on the outskirts of MetroWest (Medway), so I just like I'm home again.

Thanks witchygrrl, I appreciate the offer - sorry I  missed it earlier! I'm also seeking homebirth midwife recommendations if you have any. My husband's dentist and the oral surgeon I unfortunately needed to find are both great so I'm all set with that.

Also, if you also have suggestions for places to meet some cool people that would be great. I'm not working a 9-5 kinda job and have no kids just yet, so I'm finding it hard to connect with new friends.

#9 of 17 Old 01-07-2011, 01:10 PM

I wish I knew more about homebirth midwives. My one and only was born at the North Shore Birth Center in Beverly, but I lived in North Andover at the time. I'd say PaigeCPM would be the one to message about that. She's a midwife in the SouthCoast of MA, so she knows who is out there.

Anyway, as for places to meet people, I'm not the greatest at that either, but I'd suggest the Natick Winter Farmer's Market. I always manage to strike up conversation there when I go. I love how there's essentially a farmer's market all year round now. They have it at the Johnson School on Rt. 27. There always lots of families with young kids there, so the age range would be right:D

#10 of 17 Old 01-07-2011, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, I'm hoping that PaigeCPM has some helpful hints, I PM'ed her.

You know, now that you mention it, I just heard about the Natick Winter Farmer's Market the other day! And maybe there was a post about a meetup there? Can't remember, I'll have to search for it. But that's a cool suggestion, thanks :-)

#11 of 17 Old 01-08-2011, 03:59 PM

The Marino Center is an incredible place, however, none of the female family docs are accepting new patients.  (I was looking for my daughter.)  We went with the new male doctor for our family, Dr. Groode, and have been very happy.   I have heard they have a new female family practitioner starting in the next few weeks.   Good luck and welcome!

#12 of 17 Old 01-08-2011, 04:03 PM

And... I loved our homebirth midwive!.  Sarafina Kennedy and Jessica Petrone.  They are co-primary midwives so both come to all of your appointments; it made me feel so much safer and at ease while in giving birth.  Their practice is based down by the Cape, but they came to Natick for me.  http://www.homebirthmatters.com/index.html

#13 of 17 Old 01-09-2011, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome, NewMamaK, and for the recommendations too! Did Sarafina Kennedy and Jessica Petrone come to you for prenatal visits, or did you go to them?

#14 of 17 Old 01-10-2011, 11:56 AM

They came to our house.  It was wonderful!

#15 of 17 Old 01-13-2011, 10:19 AM

A friend of mine just gave me a rec for Heather Laier. She's in Reading, but my friend is in Ashland, like me. She was pretty hands off for my friend (who is a Christian Scientist), and overall, my friend was pleased with her. I can PM her phone number if you like.

#16 of 17 Old 01-13-2011, 03:31 PM

Merino Center in Wellesley and Harvard Vanguard on Rt 9 has a female Osteopath that would probably be a great option. There is a very nice Family Practice doc in Northboro that someone else has recommended.  For homebirth midwives www.massmidwives.com is a great place to get names of the midwives serving Massachusetts. 

Best Wishes!

#17 of 17 Old 01-14-2011, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMamaK View Post

They came to our house.  It was wonderful!

That does sound wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post

A friend of mine just gave me a rec for Heather Laier. She's in Reading, but my friend is in Ashland, like me. She was pretty hands off for my friend (who is a Christian Scientist), and overall, my friend was pleased with her. I can PM her phone number if you like.

Yes, please do PM her number. Thanks!

Heathers all over the place around here, huh? Must be a good place :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetrowestMidwife View Post

Merino Center in Wellesley and Harvard Vanguard on Rt 9 has a female Osteopath that would probably be a great option. There is a very nice Family Practice doc in Northboro that someone else has recommended.  For homebirth midwives www.massmidwives.com is a great place to get names of the midwives serving Massachusetts. 

Best Wishes!

Thanks for the info MetrowestMidwife, and for the well wishes too!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page