OB/GYN IN Eastern CT - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-03-2011, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, i'am looking for a trust-worthy ob/gyn in eastern ct... Needs to be able to help with infertility and etc. I was seeing Dr. Kesselman and a few weeks ago i ended up in the ER, it turns out i have endometriosis and she wouldn't come see me even though it was an emergency. Have since switched to a midwife, Anne Amberg, but was wondering if anyone else had suggestions?

Thanks!!!

#2 of 6 Old 01-06-2011, 04:26 PM

I used to go to Ob/GYN of Manchester.  They are really good- although I ultimately went with homebirth for my VBAC.  My favorite I think is Russ the midwife but I also like Dr. Michaels-Bogdan.  They practice out of Manchester Hospital.

#3 of 6 Old 01-07-2011, 07:03 AM

I went to Dr. Beverly Byrd in Middletown.  I was very straight forward with her about my desire for a natural birth and she was incredibly supportive and helpful.  Have you considered Acupuncture and/or Chinese Herbal Medicine to treat your endometriosis?  It can be very effective.  Best of luck.

#4 of 6 Old 01-08-2011, 07:06 AM

I go to this group ctobgynservices.com and see the midwives for my preg.  I was seeing them 8 years ago when we started out infertility journey and transferred to Dr. Wheeler at Women's and Infants in Providence for the actual procedures. However we didn't get preg. and gave up and now we have a surprise cooking in my belly *LOL*

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

#5 of 6 Old 01-08-2011, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Well when I started off with dr kesselman she said give it a year and we will do a workup. In the mean time I was in more pain every month. I called the emergency office line and she didn't really care how I felt or what was up with my body. When I had to get a followup visit with someone I went to the midwife. She said they would have started workups @ 6 months and that she wanted to start right away. Don't really know much about endometriosis......
#6 of 6 Old 01-10-2011, 11:41 PM

Hi

I met several doctors but end up with Dr Benadiva in UConn...I try to ger pregnant for two years and just wasted my time with regular OB/GYN.

Still the most realistic was dr. E. Girard in Thames side OB/GYN, Groton. When I will get pregnant I will go back to her...and I know she rushes to the hospital when is a need because I had to re schedule my app couple times.

Anyways, don't waste your time with regular docs, the wont help you.

,,,it was worth to wait for two years,,,

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page