Rave: Progressive Health RI, Dr. John Straus - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-10-2011, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had my first appointment with Dr. Straus in Providence yesterday.  I was blown away!

Dr. Straus is a MD/ND combo who specializes in natural health; I'm seeing him to help manage my Crohn's disease where modern medicine is failing me.  He'll be my new primary care doc, but I wanted to mention him here because he is a family physician and kids are welcome, especially those suffering from allergies/asthma/chronic conditions.  I'm thinking of changing from our pediatrician (who I do love but with whom I do not always see eye-to-eye).

He is the only medical professional I've ever met who point blank said that "low-risk children should not be vaccinated until their immune systems have developed."  He is a Weston A Price fellow, and specializes in allergies and auto-immune problems.  Because he's also an MD, he can prescribe regular meds if needed and doesn't have an aversion to modern medicine at all. He approved of our choice to use donor breast milk to feed our son (from 2 close friends), is a supporter of home birth, breastfeeding and natural living, and keeps up on the cutting edge of research for chronic conditions. 

So, if you're looking for a doctor in RI or southeastern MA, I figured I'd toss the name out.

http://progressivehealthri.com/

#2 of 6 Old 02-11-2011, 04:03 PM
lao

You may want to check out the book "Breaking the vicious cycle" and website http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/ about the Specific Carbohydrate Diet.  

#3 of 6 Old 05-13-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin23kate View Post

I had my first appointment with Dr. Straus in Providence yesterday.  I was blown away!

Dr. Straus is a MD/ND combo who specializes in natural health; I'm seeing him to help manage my Crohn's disease where modern medicine is failing me.  He'll be my new primary care doc, but I wanted to mention him here because he is a family physician and kids are welcome, especially those suffering from allergies/asthma/chronic conditions.  I'm thinking of changing from our pediatrician (who I do love but with whom I do not always see eye-to-eye).

He is the only medical professional I've ever met who point blank said that "low-risk children should not be vaccinated until their immune systems have developed."  He is a Weston A Price fellow, and specializes in allergies and auto-immune problems.  Because he's also an MD, he can prescribe regular meds if needed and doesn't have an aversion to modern medicine at all. He approved of our choice to use donor breast milk to feed our son (from 2 close friends), is a supporter of home birth, breastfeeding and natural living, and keeps up on the cutting edge of research for chronic conditions. 

So, if you're looking for a doctor in RI or southeastern MA, I figured I'd toss the name out.

http://progressivehealthri.com/

thanks for this. I wondering what age is this? Did he tell you?

I know this is an old post but thought I'd give it a shot.

#4 of 6 Old 05-16-2011, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter

He told me at least 5 years old.

#5 of 6 Old 05-16-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin23kate View Post

He told me at least 5 years old.

Good to know. thank you.

#6 of 6 Old 02-25-2014, 06:57 PM

Had my first visit with Dr. Straus last week and tomorrow im having my firt Vitamin IV.  I cant wait to see how it helps with my health and also an ongoing infection I have had on my face from multiple surgeries.  I am very excited about it.  Dr. Strauss is very thorough and ran multiple blood tests for other issues I might be having also.  He takes his time with you also to go over everything.  I am recommending him to everyone I talk to.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page