Single Mothers Groups?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-11-2011, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi!

I'm a doula here in RI and I am looking for some resources for one of my clients.

Does anyone know of any groups for Single Mothers?  In particular, I'm looking for a group of women under the age of 25.  I know there are lots of new moms groups out there, but while she has found comfort in these types of groups, most of the women have partners that are present.  I think she's hoping to find women who are in the trenches with her.

I would also love to have her mentor with a more mature mom that is going through single motherhood (by choice or not).  I think it would be very helpful to have this kind of support available to her if she would like it.

If there isn't anything currently available in this area (RI or S.E. MA), I'm contemplating starting a group if there is enough interest.

Thanks for the help!

Jenny

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#2 of 5 Old 02-17-2011, 02:49 PM

Too far for your client, I'm sure, but just as an FYI-

Cradle, Northampton MA- hosts a Single Parents Group.

I know the facilitator & definitely recommend it.

Michelle L'Esperance, Certified Professional Midwife ~ Warm Welcome Birth Services

Homebirth Midwife, Birth Doula, Postnatal Doula, Night Doula, and Doula Trainer

Northampton, Massachusetts

#3 of 5 Old 02-18-2011, 06:59 AM

Maybe try the local hospitals? I know Emerson hospital in Mass has a young mothers group, many are single, for mom's 27 and under.

#4 of 5 Old 02-18-2011, 03:49 PM

It's not in S.E. MA but also not too far from Providence. Mothers & Company- which is right outside of Worcester has a single mom's group:

http://www.mothersandcompany.com/Solo_Moms_Teatime.aspx

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#5 of 5 Old 02-22-2011, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you everyone! 

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, the new forum messed up all of my settings.  So, I somewhere wasn't subscribed to my own thread!  Oops!

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page