Anyone have Rubella/German Measles? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-08-2011, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My doctor advised me that there are 2 diseases that would be beneficial for my DD to contract and get natural immunity to: chicken pox and rubella.

We have finally succeeded on the first, now are hoping to find the second. 

I couldn't find a thread about this so thought I'd put it out there in case there are any others looking, especially here, near Boston.

Thank goodness for these forums, I wouldn't know anywhere else I could post this!

#2 of 7 Old 03-09-2011, 03:23 PM

Sorry I don't have a lead for you, but I'm curious to know who your doctor is since it's very rare to find someone that would recommend such a natural path. Please share!

Crunchy city momma to DS Adler (7/4/07) and VBAC success with DD Darby (10/31/09)
#3 of 7 Old 03-10-2011, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

I am happy to share his name: he is Dr. Alexander Angelov in Swampscott, MA.

He is a completely holistic family doctor. He is interested in his patients physical, emotional, spiritual, and mental well being. When my DD was an infant and had a badly prolapsed belly button, other doc's indicated a "minor" surgery might be needed. Dr. Angelov taped a penny to her belly button and it fixed itself in a couple of weeks. After that I was hooked.

He has worked similar miracles for my DD and my DH (he started going to him too) for the past 8 years now. Thanks to him my daughter is vax-free and has hardly ever experienced western medicine. Thanks to him I know how to properly boil a ginger root for medicinal tea. And even more miraculous than anything else: he got my DH to give up fast food and regularly eat salad!

So, he is quite atypical (in a good way) as a doctor. And the office is too: I called for an appointment the other day for my DD's annual checkup and they said, "ok, how about tomorrow?" I don't think I have ever waited more than a week for even a routine appointment... which is SO rare these days.

He and his staff are all Russian, so there is a little bit of effort required to communicate. And you do have to set aside quite a bit of time to see him because he will talk your ear off about anything and everything under the sun that is health-related whether you want to listen or not. But all in all, he is a rare gem! 

#4 of 7 Old 03-17-2011, 04:59 AM

Sounds like a great find Mayree.

#5 of 7 Old 06-10-2013, 05:52 PM

Hi Mayree, i know this is a really old post, but was curious about Dr. Angelov. My family med doctor supports delayed vax, but is leaving practicing medicine. I see that this MD supports this. Does your child see as a PCP? Does he do sick child visits? Thank you!
#6 of 7 Old 06-11-2013, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Dr. Angelov does support delayed vax and also does sick child visits. He is PCP for my DD, and I believe he is affiliated with most health plans. Hope that's helpful :)

#7 of 7 Old 03-07-2014, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

I just heard of a measles outbreak in the Cambridge/Somerville, MA area. Is there anyone out there looking to get their child exposed who might have leads?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page