Naturopath in Western CT (Danbury, Bethel, Newtown) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-23-2011, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking for a naturopath that is a family practitioner.  Also, forgive me for this, but I'm a little confused about a naturopath's ability to say prescribe and antibiotic (or other things) if necessary.  Our current doctor is Dr. McGonigle in Providence and we LOVE him, but we moved and its about time I find a doctor that's not 2.5 hours away.  I just feel more comfortable if our doctor is able to write a prescription if necessary without having to see a different doctor.  

I'm in Bethel and noticed there are a couple naturopaths in Newtown, but aside from having a consultation with each of them, I'm not sure how else to gauge which one might be best for us. 

Thanks!

Kara, SAHM to two wonderful boys (7/08 & 5/10) 

#2 of 3 Old 04-05-2011, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Kara,

I live in South Windsor CT and have used Dr. Rosanne Demanski in West Hartford, CT for the past 13 years.  She was the only person who could figure out my nursing issue ( I had an exceptional lactation consultant and group of friends, dermatologist who could not figure it out).

I have learned a great deal from her, she is a baby doctor/naturpath that serves moms, babies and families and has raised two boys.

I highly recommend her if it's not too far for you.

All the best,

Mel

#3 of 3 Old 04-29-2011, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

In CT a naturopath will not be able to write a prescription unless he/she has a different license as well. You may want to look into an osteopath. They can be family practice (ours is) and can do natural things, adjustments, and write prescriptions as well. I used to live in Newtown but I don't know any doctors down there that are like that.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page