Middletown, CT Area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-20-2011, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are going to be moving to the Middletown area over the summer and I would love to hear from families in that area. I have a 4 month old so anyone who belongs to like-minded "play groups" I would love more info! We are selectively vaccinating so suggestions on a family practioner would be wonderful. I guess I am just hoping to find a group of people who won't question my 2 mama, AP, cloth diapering, vegan house! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 04-21-2011, 08:49 AM

There is lots going on in Middletown for families with young children!  The best resource for you in that area will probably be the Family Wellness Center, which offers a ton of free playgroups and parenting meetings (for example, I co-host a babywearing meeting there once a month).  There is something there almost every day, really!  Here's their Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Family-Wellness-Center/355055588316

When your little one starts crawling KidCity is a great place to hang out and meet new people.  While most of the rooms are geared towards older kids there are a few that are baby friendly, like the Sea Caves. 

As far as doctors go, many of my friends in that area use and love Middletown Family Practice.  They are open to alternative healing modalities and perfectly fine with delayed/selective/no vax.  I don't have any of the doctors names but can get them if needed.

And last but not least you may want to check out www.MindfulVillage.org which is a CT based group similar to Mothering.  They do have the online message board but also do park gatherings, mama's nights out/in (with babes in arms allowed, of course!), seasonal family parties, etc.  Its a great place to connect with other families in your area and ask questions.

Hope the move goes smoothly and maybe we'll meet up one of these days!

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

#3 of 4 Old 04-21-2011, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much! Thats perfect!
#4 of 4 Old 04-29-2011, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Also, you might like "It's Only Natural" a vegetarian restaurant there. I live one town away.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page