Groton Dental Wellness.....dentists on probation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 05-16-2011, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey all,

I just heard through the grapevine that the dentists at Groton Dental Wellness Spa are on probation as far as their licenses are concerned. I checked it online, and it is true. Does anyone know anything about this, what happened, what this means?

Thanks!

#2 of 11 Old 07-11-2011, 11:00 AM

How can we learn about this?

#3 of 11 Old 08-31-2011, 06:32 AM

The probation that this refers to involved a patient that both Dr G. Robert Evans and Dr. Jean Nordin-Evans were treating in 2003-2004. She came to their practice in West Newton seeking out our alternative dental care. She was a very willing patient who signed all of the informed consents and fully understood what the treatment was going to be. Dr.s Evans and Nordin-Evans both like to involve the patient in co-diagnosis.

Midway through treatment the Dr.s moved their practice to Groton, MA, 32 miles away, and invited this patient to join the Groton practice. She declined stating that it was too far to travel and that she would stay with the West Newton practice. Dr. Nordin-Evans cautioned the patient that she was in temporaries and that treatment should continue. The patient chose to wait awhile before resuming treatment and because of a high decay rate in her mouth some of the teeth under the temporaries were decaying again.

She got upset with the West Newton practice and sought treatment elsewhere. At the new office she explained to the new dentist that she had elected to remeve old root canals from her mouth due to their toxicity. The new dentist was bothered by this practice of eliminating root filled teeth. After all the standard of care is to treat the teeth and save them "at all costs". Not being a "Holistic" dentist, the new dentist shared with this patient that he never would have extracted these teeth and that there was no problem with root canals. She heard this and immediately forgot all the conversations she had during the co-diagnosis period when she "agreed" to treatment, and instead hired an attorney.

Because the standard of care (unfortunately) does not include extracting root canals, this was a difficult case to defend. Even though she signed an informed consent giving her consent to these extractions, the dental board deemed this to be below an acceptable standard of care and that the Dr.s were acting "beyond the scope of their practice" in taking out "asymptomatic" root canals in an effort to improve the patient's health. the Dr.s were accused of practicing medicine without a license and put on probation for 2 years. the probationary period ends February 5, 2012.

The Dr.s in Groton did nothing wrong in their eyes. They get new patients every week seeking them out because they want a root canalled tooth removed and the "conventional" oral surgeons are refusing to do it because it is not the "standard of care". Root canals are toxic and should not be performed. The Groton practice will continue to help patients try to regain their health by eliminating root canalled teeth. The reports of improved health following extraction are too numeruos to ignore.

So, the Dr.s Evans and Nordin-Evans are under a probationary period for five more months and then it is over and off their records. Rest assured it is a top-notch dental facility where you can get excellent,"holistic" dental and medical care. Yes, medical care as well. Part of the Groton Wellness practice includes a Medical Center where patients can go to detoxify after having their mercury fillings and root canals removed.

#4 of 11 Old 09-15-2011, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the explanation, that is very helpful and informative. Perhaps the "front office" staff should be just as forthcoming, instead of completely denying that the dentists are on probation when asked.

LynnE73 likes this.
#5 of 11 Old 10-19-2012, 10:03 AM

Please recognize TINA'S BILL PROPOSAL.  I need your support and so do all consumers of dental services. I'm irreparably damaged by a Dentist On Probation and he and his dental assistant NEVER told me all 14 yrs that I was devoted to their treatment plan. I never knew the dentist irreparably damaged several other patients and fraudulently billed Medicaid. The Dental Board failed to post his actual Probationer Dentist status on the website and covered up both their incompetence to adequately notify his patients and the public, and failed to supervise/monitor his harmful pattern that destroyed my health and happiness on so many levels. I will suffer for the rest of my life by the decision to invest in this dentist I was fooled by and moreso, the Dental Board that states only invest in a dentist that is Board Certified. The Dental Board will suppress/omit the information about the Dentist On Probation with a priority and TINA'S BILL PROPOSAL will continue to campaign for a FACT SHEET at the place of treatment a Dentist On Probation is practicing at so patients will be informed before signing an Informed Consent Document.  http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/Pass-Tinas-Bill/

#6 of 11 Old 10-19-2012, 11:33 AM

Please recognize TINA'S BILL PROPOSAL.  I need your support and so do all consumers of dental services. I'm irreparably damaged by a Dentist On Probation and he and his dental assistant NEVER told me all 14 yrs that I was devoted to their treatment plan. I never knew the dentist irreparably damaged several other patients and fraudulently billed Medicaid. The Dental Board failed to post his actual Probationer Dentist status on the website and covered up both their incompetence to adequately notify his patients and the public, and failed to supervise/monitor his harmful pattern that destroyed my health and happiness on so many levels. I will suffer for the rest of my life by the decision to invest in this dentist I was fooled by and moreso, the Dental Board that states only invest in a dentist that is Board Certified. The Dental Board will suppress/omit the information about the Dentist On Probation with a priority and TINA'S BILL PROPOSAL will continue to campaign for a FACT SHEET at the place of treatment a Dentist On Probation is practicing at so patients will be informed before signing an Informed Consent Document.  http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/Pass-Tinas-Bill/

#7 of 11 Old 12-03-2013, 01:18 PM

I'm going to ignore my initial feeling that you are in fact the dentist in question.

That being said, it is extremely difficult to have these types of suspensions in dentistry.

You really have to be doing something very wrong to get one. 

This "wellness" center is seems to be a 'front' for money making schemes for people who believe they can trust a 'doctor'.

There are good and bad people in every profession ; doctors not excluded.

What these people are telling their 'patients' should send up a red flag

#8 of 11 Old 12-04-2013, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

A lot of personal medical information was disclosed in this thread. Isn't that a direct violation of HIPAA laws? This thread is a few years old so it may not matter now.

Newly married 10/2013 to DH superhero.gifSAHM to DD 2007  dust.gif and DS 2010  bouncy.gif  homeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.gifhamster.jpg
#9 of 11 Old 12-04-2013, 08:51 AM

Well, no name was used so I believe that would not be an issue. 

But he obviously has no problem with a suspension under their belt because they haven't changed their  practices one bit.  That is amazing to me.

Still telling people that teeth that have been 'root canaled'  should be extraction because of their 'toxicity'. 

A serious lie that appears to make them a lot of money while telling their patients the dentists they have seen previously have intentionally hurt them.

The dentists in that area need to get together and file a joint complaint .   Time will tell.

#10 of 11 Old 12-12-2013, 08:51 PM

We've used Groton Wellness for years, they are terrific. Honestly most of their patients are already on board with the "mercury amalgam is bad" concept and we seek them out. I don't see why they can't provide a desired service to people who want it.
#11 of 11 Old 01-05-2014, 05:43 PM

We've also used Groton Wellness for years. The removal of my root canals by Dr. Bob Evans resulted, literally within a day, of a dramatic improvement in my failing health. I gained much needed weight, a lump under my jaw cleared up within a few weeks, all pressure pain and exhaustion from not being able to lie down to sleep stopped. My primary care was dumbfounded by the improvement and is impressed with Groton Dental. Those of us hardest hit by root canals should be studied, not berated for seeking real healing. This was no quick yank, either - Dr. Evans used an involved protocol that includes debriding and sterilizing the tooth socket, but not before obtaining a sample of the diseased tissue which, in my case, was found by an independent lab to be have results consistent with a dental infection having spread to the bone (it's been a few years - I forget the details now.) My ENT and primary care were satisfied with the legitimacy of the tests and the lab and happily acknowledged the positive outcome. This infected tissue was at the base of supposedly "perfect" newly root canalled tooth that four dentists/endodontists refused to treat. Their attitude seemed to be: It looked good on x-ray so leave alone no matter how sick and suffering  the patient is. These mainline dentists sent me to a (famous Boston) oral surgeon who said I have "atypical facial pain" and the best theory seemed to be that maybe my husband had beaten me in the face. Yikes! They all love pushing oxycontin-like painkillers on the patient, too. I took half of one once after strong urging from one endodontist - felt very bad and strange - never again. Instead I kept trying to get to the root (no pun intended) of the problem.

Several endodontists also told me to see an ENT, that it was a sinus problem. Result: a respected Boston-area ENT basically said he's seen these infected root canals before - ones that dentists say are fine. ENT said, sort of off the record, that if it were him he'd have tooth pulled, but good luck finding a dentist willing to admit a problem with a root canal and who will give you your money back and extract instead. My primary care also was frustrated about the refusal to extract - said it's easier to carve up your body with plastic surgery than have a simple tooth extraction.  Please understand I was very ill, had unexplained irregularities in my lab work and had lost 25 pounds and specific symptoms in a specific tooth. This was real. After my conversation with the ENT, I googled and found Groton Dental Wellness and the result was a full recovery in under a month (see first paragraph above).

Long story short, my whole family now goes to Groton Dental Wellness - no mercury in fillings, also no toxic air - you know -  that dentist office smell. I'm chemically sensitive (anyone want to tell me I'm imagining that one too? lol) and have never had a reaction at Groton Dental. Used to come out of conventional dentist and endodontist offices with severe headaches from the air. No more. Groton Dental and Dr. Evans literally gave me my life back.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page