RI Cranial-Sacral therapist? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-02-2011, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm sorry if this has been previously posted! I'm looking for a cranial-sacral therapist for my 14 month old son. We have United Healthcare, if that makes a difference. Can anyone recommend one? Thank you!!!

femalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gif crafty Mama to Maxwell, born April 5, 2010 and partner & best friend to Dan <3

#2 of 6 Old 06-03-2011, 06:01 PM

Do you need it to be someone who is "in-network" for your insurance company?  I am currently bringing my son to Susan Steiner, 232 Doyle Ave, Providence.  # 401-831-0985.  We are paying her out of pocket since she is out of network, but submitting the form to our insurance company so that once we hit our deductible amount, we can get reimbursed for part of the expense. 

My chiropractor also has recommended a craniosacral person, here is her info:

Kathryn McCarthy, MS, OTR/L - Occupational Therapist, Craniosacral Therapy, Reflexology (401) 497-0308

Good luck!

Danielle, mommy to Dylan 9.5.06 and Cooper 3.11.10 , living in Providence, RI
#3 of 6 Old 06-23-2011, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I used to live on Doyle- I know right where that is! I don't know if it has to be in network or not...either way I think it'll be worth it but I'll do some homework to find out how much of an estimate I'd be looking at. We don't normally go to doctors for much of anything and we have never hit our deductible before (except for the year I gave birth) so it probably wouldn't make a difference for me there.Thanks again!

femalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gif crafty Mama to Maxwell, born April 5, 2010 and partner & best friend to Dan <3

#4 of 6 Old 06-24-2011, 11:14 AM

Hi there!

Andraly Horn at http://www.westsidewell.com/ is wonderful.  They don't take insurance there, but they offer treatments at VERY reasonable prices.  They also do not allow tipping there.

Jen Raimondi is the owner and is an extremely skilled LMT.

If you decide to try them, please let them know that I sent you.  :-)

Good luck!

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#5 of 6 Old 06-24-2011, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you! That's perfect! I visited their website and it's actually just 5 minute walk from my apartment! Thanks again! I'm gonan call and see what they could do for him.

#6 of 6 Old 06-24-2011, 01:59 PM

Glad I could help!

:-)

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page