ear piercing place North Shore MA? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-06-2011, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DD wants her ears pierced.  Our pedi doesn't do it though, so I need to find a good place to take her.  Anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks!

-chelsea dust.gif
#2 of 3 Old 06-09-2011, 10:11 AM

Hi, I'm not in your area but I have a few piercings. I would suggest googling to find professional piercing and tattoo shops in your area and ask if they will pierce children, most will if it's just earlobes. Once you find one make sure you ask lots of questions about their procedure and sterilizations techniques. Of course don't go anywhere that will use a gun, needles only.

#3 of 3 Old 06-10-2011, 04:48 AM

Purple Scorpion Tattoos & Body Piercing

140 Derby Street (right downtown, just past the big ship @ Pickering Wharf)
Salem, MA 01970
(978) 741-4593

261 Rantoul Street (just up the street from the Beverly Depot train station)
Beverly, MA 01915
(978) 922-2311

Both shops open at noon, I think every day of the week, but definitely call first to find out what the piercer's schedule looks like.  Leo IV is usually the piercer at the Beverly shop & Judy is usually at the Salem shop (mother & son team! the father (Leo III) is a tattoo artist), though sometimes they swap.  They're both great, so I can't really recommend one over the other, heh heh heh.

It may be a bit more than you anticipated paying (but maybe not, since you're looking for recommendations, as opposed to just taking the poor kid to the mall to be mauled!), but it is WELL WORTH getting it done properly. The damage that can be done using those "piercing guns" is heartbreaking, plus they are filthy filthy filthy with plenty of cross-contamination. Additionally, the kids at the mall (& they usually are KIDS) have no training on keeping things clean or on piercing, whereas the law in both Beverly & Salem require a course in Anatomy & Physiology, Bloodborne Pathogens and First Aid & CPR in order to renew their licenses. :)

I've been getting work from them for almost 15 years now & highly recommend them (& I've also gotten work from other shops, so I am able to make that comparison! ;)).  You'll be in good hands there. :)

They have another shop in Salem, NH called The Lion's Den.

Good luck!!

~Brendalee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page