Near Sharon, CT? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 07-20-2011, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We live in NY but right next to Sharon, CT. Just looking for other mommas in the area! We just moved here and don't know anyone.

Jessica reading.gif married to the love of my life jammin.gif

Momma to: Levi (09/06)superhero.gif, Junior (09/05) angel.gif, Teagann (11/10) angel.gif and two furbabies Nugget and Boo cat.gifflowerkitty.gif TTC our next bundle of love since 1/11makebabe.gif

#2 of 15 Old 07-27-2011, 08:14 PM

What a great area! I used to go to camp in Sharon every summer, love it. When I volunteer there, we always hit Four Brothers Pizza right over the border in NY at the end of the week after the kids go home - SO yummy!! Unfortunately, everyone I know there either has no kids or has older kids, so I can't be of help in connecting you with people. Have you connected with Mindful Village? It's a group of crunchy CT families, and if I remember right, there may be a couple of families out towards you? www.mindfulvillage.org is the site. Best of luck!!!

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#3 of 15 Old 07-27-2011, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much! I will have to take a look into that!

I live right near that Four Brothers - they're delicious!!

Momma to: Levi (09/06)superhero.gif, Junior (09/05) angel.gif, Teagann (11/10) angel.gif and two furbabies Nugget and Boo cat.gifflowerkitty.gif TTC our next bundle of love since 1/11makebabe.gif

#4 of 15 Old 07-28-2011, 06:54 AM

Hi Futuremamaheather- I was wondering if the camp you are  referring to is Silver Lake? I used to go there a long time ago and was on staff one summer.

#5 of 15 Old 07-28-2011, 11:04 AM

Hi Momct - yup, that's the place, I loved it there. I went as a kid, was on Camp Family for a summer, and have returned as an adult to dean and counsel.  When were you there?

Crrrunchberrie - Mindful Village is great, at the very least, you'll be able to hook up with some more local-ish folks online. Many of the in person get togethers happen in the Hartford area, and in fact there is an all day BBQ gathering happening in about two weeks at Wickham Park in Manchester CT. It would be a hike for you, but perhaps it would be worth it for some face time with some super nice crunchy folks :-) Let me know if you want more details.

We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#6 of 15 Old 07-28-2011, 06:55 PM

Futuremamaheather, I am probably a lot older than you .I was on Camp Family in 1974.They must have run out of room on the ceiling for names by now.

#7 of 15 Old 07-28-2011, 07:53 PM

You are indeed - that was the summer I turned 1! lol.gif I was on Camp Family in 1989. I think they still were doing the names on the ceiling until recently though. There was talk of tearing down Camp Family Cabin recently, though as far as I know that hasn't happened yet. Someone who was there this spring/summer took pictures of the lists of names and posted them on Facebook. Did you know that Alden Tyrol died recently? There's a group on Facebook with lots of wonderful stories about him, if you wanted to go read them. He was quite a character wink1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by momct View Post

Futuremamaheather, I am probably a lot older than you .I was on Camp Family in 1974.They must have run out of room on the ceiling for names by now.

Sorry to have hijacked your thread Crrrunchberrie!

#8 of 15 Old 07-29-2011, 03:50 AM - Thread Starter

Haha, no problem! Small world <3

#9 of 15 Old 08-10-2011, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

when is the wickham park thing in manchester? i'd like to meet other crunchy moms too..i'm in torrington, ct

#10 of 15 Old 08-10-2011, 12:37 PM

PMed you Emmy.... and maybe you and Crrrrunchberrie should try to get together! Torrington and Sharon aren't TOOOO far apart!

#11 of 15 Old 08-17-2011, 09:12 PM

is that a group on here? or a another net working site? i need more gf...:{

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremamaheather View Post

What a great area! I used to go to camp in Sharon every summer, love it. When I volunteer there, we always hit Four Brothers Pizza right over the border in NY at the end of the week after the kids go home - SO yummy!! Unfortunately, everyone I know there either has no kids or has older kids, so I can't be of help in connecting you with people. Have you connected with Mindful Village? It's a group of crunchy CT families, and if I remember right, there may be a couple of families out towards you? www.mindfulvillage.org is the site. Best of luck!!!

nursing mama to four beauitful lilttle gurls... Ivyrose lady.gif 3.13.2004
Arwinn 1.18.2006 kid.gif
Lily-anna 10.06.2010 fly-by-nursing1.gif

Clara 7/31/12 bfinfant.gif

hug.gif married to dh steve since june 2010

winner.jpg hang.gifdishes.gifdizzy.giffamilybed2.gifjammin.gif mama Amy 

#12 of 15 Old 08-18-2011, 02:29 PM

It's a natural parenting group that is CT based. I know there are some families in eastern CT, but I can't remember if there are any in the norwich area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrah skye View Post

is that a group on here? or a another net working site? i need more gf...:{

#13 of 15 Old 08-19-2011, 07:34 PM

i joined!!!! hard to get around the site though. ant find the link to go and pay the yearly membership either...:\

Quote:

It's a natural parenting group that is CT based. I know there are some families in eastern CT, but I can't remember if there are any in the Norwich area.

Arwinn 1.18.2006 kid.gif

#14 of 15 Old 08-19-2011, 08:14 PM

Did you use the same user name? I can ask a membership person to see if you got stuck somewhere. It shouldn't be any harder to navigate than this site is, as it's the same basic structure - just click the discuss tab on the home page. And the initial membership is free - can't remember how long, 90 days maybe? So you shouldn't have to pay anything to access the site, just sign up.

#15 of 15 Old 08-20-2011, 11:47 AM

idk...couldn't get around the site last time i check..gots to do school work.....

Quote:

Did you use the same user name? I can ask a membership person to see if you got stuck somewhere. It shouldn't be any harder to navigate than this site is, as it's the same basic structure - just click the discuss tab on the home page. And the initial membership is free - can't remember how long, 90 days maybe? So you shouldn't have to pay anything to access the site, just sign up.

Arwinn 1.18.2006 kid.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page