Any mindful gynecologists in metro BOSTON? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-29-2011, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Mamas. My good friend and I are both looking for holistically-minded gyno care. I'm looking to conceive soon and she has really irregular cycles as a result of some birth control she took a while back. The gynecologists she's seen have all tried to recommend more birth control without answering any of her questions about what her body could possibly be telling her. She's now charting, but still needs some help deciphering her body's rhythm. We're looking to be treated as whole people by someone who won't automatically defer to drugs - who knows about and supports charting.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Forest For The Trees  stillheart.gif  Radical Family Support Consulting for Growing Families (ask me!)
10+ Years in Professional Holistic Childcare and Support / Alternative Education / Unschooling my Friend, Z (4)

Future Community-Dwelling, Stay-at-Home, Sole-Parent by Choice!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-30-2011, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am not sure an OB is who you would want per se. I think there is some holistic fertility place in Brookline that offers various treatments, and I think they would consult in much more detail what has happened in your friend's cycles.

Also someone trained in Mayan abdominal massage would be someone to work with, as well as maybe the NE School of Acupuncture. The Chinese medicine approach to healthy cycles is far more detailed than the Western view.

::: Just another WAHM using this forum to put off picking up toys and cleaning my house.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page