Alt. Vax Pediatrician Eastern CT - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 09-12-2011, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

I am so tired of arguing with my baby's pediatrician about her vaccine schedule. I am looking for a Dr. that even if they aren't "vaccine friendly" would at least accept and respect our wishes. Any suggestions? We are in the eastern part of CT.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 09-12-2011, 07:31 PM

Is Manchester close enough? Dr. Barbara Phillips at the Family Medicine Center (I think that's what it's called) is great.

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#3 of 11 Old 09-12-2011, 08:00 PM

My kids go to Dr. Russell Stokes in Westerly RI, he is completely supportive of non-vax'ers, or alternative vax schedules.  I mention him only because he was reccomended to me by someone who lives in CT and makes the drive to see him.

Christian SAHM & birth doula.
#4 of 11 Old 09-12-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebeingamomma View Post

My kids go to Dr. Russell Stokes in Westerly RI, he is completely supportive of non-vax'ers, or alternative vax schedules.  I mention him only because he was reccomended to me by someone who lives in CT and makes the drive to see him.

Same here, he is wonderful.  Very supportive of breastfeeding as well.

#5 of 11 Old 09-14-2011, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you! Westerly is a little far, but Manchester is definitely do-able.

#6 of 11 Old 09-15-2011, 07:04 PM

Dr. Phillips is wonderful - very open minded, a great listener, very willing to read up and learn more about an issue or treatment that she doesn't know much about. She's a family practice doc, so I had her for my personal doc, and if I still lived in CT, she would be my baby's doctor too (once he's born). She is also the doctor for another family I know who have several kids, and they have been very, very pleased with her - I actually began going to her on their recommendation. She won't argue with you about your vax choices, and if you choose to discuss them with her, it will be a respectful discussion. :-)

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#7 of 11 Old 09-16-2011, 10:14 PM

Family Practice has offices in Portland, East Hampton and Middletown. We go to Dr. Kenta Bibi at Portland Family Practice and he and the entire staff that weve met are accepting of alternative approaches to all types of parenting. My daughter is 5 weeks old and we have been going to him since she was born. Besides giving us some pamphlets on vaccinations and discussing Dr. Sears alternative vax schedule, he seems to be understanding of our decision not to vax at this point. I highly reccomend him. I was referred to the practice by my midwife and have not been dissapointed! Good luck!

#8 of 11 Old 09-20-2011, 12:38 PM

I second Family Practice.  DD goes to the East Hampton office and sees Tanya Hanke who is a D.O. 

#9 of 11 Old 09-22-2011, 10:37 AM

I live in Killingly CT, and we see Dr. Kupperberg in Foster RI. It's about a 15-20 min drive for me.

#10 of 11 Old 06-30-2012, 08:25 AM

Tanya Hanke, D.O is amazing, the practice is great. Dr. Hanke is leaving the practice at the end of July :( The office is led by several doctors and the residents see the patients. Very leniant on vax schedules or no vax!

Sophia ~ 9/21 learning how to be crunchy mama. Uh oh, I just went over the crunch edge! ECing!! Planned ~ maybe next time : :
#11 of 11 Old 07-05-2012, 11:27 AM

FYI- Dr. Hanke is leaving (she is my Dr). She is a fabulous Dr and is going to ME to practice,

How about Dr. Kendra Becker? She is in Mystic...Great person and Dr!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page