Does anyone know a dentist or doctor who will do lip/tongue tie frenectomy in New England? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-21-2011, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi My 9 month old has a fairly low lip tie. We've been able to nurse with it, albeit uncomfortably up till now but now his top teeth are coming in and I'm finding it fairly unbearable.  

I found a dentist in Albany, NY who does the procedure but it's almost 4 hours away from me.  I live in Providence, RI.  Does anyone know of a dentist or ENT who will do a frenectomy on an infant in New England? 

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 09-21-2011, 06:42 PM

Hello, there is Dr. Cliff O'Callahan in Middletown, CT, not super close, but closer than Albany (google says an hour and 38 minutes).  He clipped my daughter's posterior tongue-tie, he is the only doctor who clips posterior ties in CT, he was great to work with.  He is a pediatrician through Middlesex Family Practice Group.  Hope that helps.

#3 of 5 Old 09-22-2011, 11:14 AM

There was another thread about this....   http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1242393/tounge-tie-providence-new-bedford-recos

I hope you find someone closer.

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#4 of 5 Old 09-22-2011, 04:23 PM

Ashley, Are you more concerned about the lip tie or the tongue tie?  My daughter has both, also.  There is a pediatric ENT in Concord MA who is one of the few doctors around here who will do posterior tongue tie surgery: http://www.emersonhospital.org/FindADoc/Doctors/Pirquet-Flora-S.aspx?search=true&sort=P

She was great, though we chose not to have the surgery done.  But when I brought my daughter to her at 4mo, she said that was pretty much the limit of how old she would see.

Also, she won't do anything about the lip tie.  You need a dentist for that.  An acquaintance referred me to this orthodontist, but we haven't seen him yet, so I can't speak from personal experience: http://www.orthodonticsolution.com/index.asp

Good luck and please let us know what you find out.

#5 of 5 Old 09-28-2011, 04:35 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page