General Practitioner/Well Woman Care in RI - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-20-2011, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone, 

I've been searching through old posts for hours but can't seem to find the answer to my question. 

I'm looking for a general practitioner for myself in RI. One that is holistic in approach and also provides well woman care. I'd also love it if they delivered babies! Am I asking too much?!

I had a very traumatic homebirth/transport/emergency c-section/NICU stay due to infection/extensive blood loss, etc 2.5 years ago and as part of my self care/therapy about that I've tried to get to know my practitioners long before I become pregnant ever since. (I had a VBAC and a great second experience while living in VT) but we just moved back to RI, where my first baby was born, and I'm being a little paranoid and preemptively panicky but nonetheless, I need to find a practitioner. 

I was transported to Memorial where I briefly met Mary Mumford-Haley and John Morton - who performed the section. While I didn't have a negative experience with Dr. Morton (the section was very complicated because the baby was crowning, yes, crowning but it seemed he handled it well), I feel worried that seeing him would be sort of re-traumatising for me. As far as Mary goes, I'd love to meet her, I've heard nothing but great things but I can't seem to track her down. My children see John McGonigle and we LOVE him but he doesn't accept our insurance so we pay out of pocket. I just can't afford to do that for myself and my partner. We saw Dr. Rosenberg briefly and thought he was okay. My partner will likely go back to him. Perhaps, I'm just asking too much!! But any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks! 

Mama to big brother Ezaias (eh-zay-as) 3/09 and little brother Micaiah 03/11! Co-parenting with my amazing partner, Travis!
#2 of 4 Old 12-21-2011, 10:08 AM

I really like the staff at Women's Care.  They are OBs and midwives, and definitely do well women's GYN care - but I don't think they could act as a GP.   women-care.com.  Very supportive of natural birth, but also equipped to handle whatever comes your way.

#3 of 4 Old 12-28-2011, 06:03 PM

Bumping this up.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#4 of 4 Old 12-29-2011, 07:10 AM

Hi!  There is a thread here about getting in touch with Mary Mumford Haily, has her website/contact there.  Best of luck! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page