Dentist reccomendation for 3 y.o still BF'ing in MA - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-02-2012, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey there!

Can anyone recommend a dentist (holistic preferred- or holistic minded) in Mass? My three year old is due for her first cleaning .. and also whacked her tooth on the stairs last week.

Preferably within an hour of either the South Shore or Metrowest.

Thanks!

#2 of 6 Old 01-07-2012, 06:43 PM

Hmmm, why make it an issue?    I just never told the dentist our breastfeeding status and it never really came up.  I'd recommend finding a dentist that is great with children and near you and going there.   I think the only real thing dentist tend to fuss about with breastfeeding is night nursing-- there's a lot of good info out showing that it really isn't concerning but it also isn't likely to come up if you don't volunteer the info. 

I can recommend the dentist we saw when we were in Plymouth (Dr Morlan).  He's not necessarily holistic minded, but is good with kids.  I haven't heard of any holistic minded dentist around the S Shore- although I can ask about a place in Duxbury.   There may be one on the Cape I've heard of- but that's probably too far for you.  

Most dentists will want to do a fluoride treatment, so if you want to opt out, make sure you let them know.  It's almost assumed and they may try to do it w/o any warning or disclosure.   The last hygienist I talked to has a child that has severe allergies and she declines the fluoride because the company will not divulge all of their ingredients.  She called the company to discuss and they told her not to give it to her son after she mentioned the things he was allergic to, but wouldn't tell her the ingredients.  I thought that was really disturbing.

More tips... tell them you want to hold your child on your lap during the exams because she will stay still better and stay more calm, etc.   Our dentist was fine with that but some wont' allow parents back with the child- which I really wanted to avoid. Anyways, I'm sure you probably knew that.  It would definitely be something I found out before making an appointment just because of the other parents who seemed to have problems with this.

Dentists must be on people's minds, I just did a post yesterday about dentist for another local mom- and was at the dentist myself!!

I hope she's okay!!

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#3 of 6 Old 01-08-2012, 04:48 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Jess! We may just go with our dentist. He's pretty great, and works with me- he's very aware of my feelings about flouride  :)

#4 of 6 Old 01-08-2012, 06:08 AM

There is a holistic dentist in North Attleborough! http://www.biologicdentist.com/

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#5 of 6 Old 01-08-2012, 06:09 AM

They take mass health too for anyone on that..

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#6 of 6 Old 01-17-2012, 08:36 AM

Dr. Robin Ellasberg in Framingham, MA is great. 508-875-1234

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page