Looking for low temp vat pasteurized Cream and dairy in Rhode Island - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-05-2012, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does anyone know where I can get low temp vat pasteurized cream (and preferably grassfed/pastured) in Rhode Island? I go to Massachusetts in Framingham for raw milk (and sometimes Foxboro) but  I'd like to find an alternative for when I can't make the long trek out.  Any suggestions?   

#2 of 5 Old 01-21-2012, 09:50 AM

Monroe Dairy is probably your best bet.  The milk is not organic (however is antibiotic and hormone free) and not 100% grassfed, but the cattle are treated well and allowed to graze frequently, and their pasteurization is described as light or "gourmet".  It tastes good, it's in glass bottles and best of all is delivered.  However there are sources of raw grassfed milk in Rehoboth, Dartmouth and Foxboro, MA, among others.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#3 of 5 Old 04-12-2012, 04:08 AM

We were getting raw milk from a farm in Rehoboth, MA until I got preggers and nervous...

Bettancourt Dairy

(508) 252-5464

100 Simmons Street
Rehoboth, MA

Really nice farmer. Sells by the half gallon. Cheap.

It's not RI (about a 20 min drive from Providence) but it might be closer than Foxboro. He also sells fresh eggs and there is a farm right down the street (Rosasharn Farm) where we had a veggie share, so I combined the trip every week and it didn't feel as onerous as if I were just getting milk.

Armando John, born 8-3-12

Check out my Etsy store - fun, homemade items for baby and home:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/RedDahlias

#4 of 5 Old 04-12-2012, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

I like Rosasharn too.  Her eggs are wonderful.  Paul Bettencourt raises his cows in confinement, though, so I don't feel comfortable buying his milk.   I'll keep looking but thank you so much for the suggestion. :-) 

#5 of 5 Old 04-12-2012, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

I like Rosasharn too.  Her eggs are wonderful.  Paul Bettencourt raises his cows in confinement, though, so I don't feel comfortable buying his milk.   I'll keep looking but thank you so much for the suggestion. :-) 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page