In search of an OB/GYN with a midwife's heart who delivers at Women & Infants - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-09-2012, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am looking for a OB/GYN who delivers at Women & Infants who is wiling to do VBAC and Gentle C-Section. I am currently with a provider at Memorial Hospital but due to possible complications need to be a Women & Infants since that hospital has a NICU.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-20-2012, 06:27 AM

I've heard good things about the midwives at Women's Care, so maybe there are some good OBs there, as well? It seems like the midwife model of care is very supported there, so some of that has to come from the doctors. Long ago, I used Erika Klein as my gynecologist. She no longer does OB work, but I did really like her, which, again, might be indicative of the "culture" at Women's Care. Also, perhaps someone at Memorial could recommend someone who does births at WIH? Good luck!! Sorry I can't be more helpful!

#3 of 5 Old 03-17-2012, 09:08 PM

I have seen the midwives at Women's Care for most of my pregnancy but have developed complications that will probably mean a c-section as well.  From what I hear, Dr. Wayne Clairborne is fairly natural birth friendly, including being open to more "gentle Cesarian" type births.  I'm due in a few weeks, so will probably be finding out first hand soon enough.  I'm currently working on my c-section birth plan & will be reviewing it with the staff this week.

#4 of 5 Old 04-11-2012, 04:34 PM

I am using the midwives at OBGYN Associates, and I'm very happy there. It is a practice with 5 midwives and 6 OBs. Since the practice as a whole is so midwife-friendly, it might be a good option. They deliver at W&I.

Armando John, born 8-3-12

Check out my Etsy store - fun, homemade items for baby and home:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/RedDahlias

#5 of 5 Old 04-11-2012, 04:37 PM

One more thing - I just heard from a doula friend policies at W&I have recently changed (for the better) so that it is standard now for your partner to give the baby skin-to-skin in the same room as you with the c-section, while you are being stitched up, and then you can hold the baby and try to nurse right away. So you may find that the nurses and everyone at W&I are more supportive of natural methods than before! Good luck!

Armando John, born 8-3-12

Check out my Etsy store - fun, homemade items for baby and home:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/RedDahlias

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page