Success! Vbac2c at South Shore Hospital! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-19-2012, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just have to put this out there to our tribal area. I just had a Vbac2c at South Shore Hospital with the midwives from South Shore Womans Health. I just want everyone to know that it is possible if so desired! Amazing experience!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 01-20-2012, 02:17 AM

Oh I am so glad to hear this, I was wondering what happened with your breech baby...    

Congratulations mama and happy happy babymoon! 

#3 of 8 Old 01-20-2012, 01:16 PM

That's wonderful to hear! Congratulations!

#4 of 8 Old 01-21-2012, 05:56 PM

Congratulations!!!! 
I'm so glad to hear a positive VBAC report from SSH and SSWH.  I know a few moms that will be looking for options soon and they are really looking for information since there has been so many changing (SSM now at Jordan's, etc.).  Would you share who your midwife or doctor was at SSWH?  Also, did you get strong supportive vibes from everyone at SSWH and the hospital?  I hope so!

Also, I think you mentioned your babe turned on his/her own?!   It would be awesome if they allowed breech, but I don't necessarily think that was the case.  In any case, very happy for you!

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#5 of 8 Old 01-21-2012, 06:08 PM

Congratulations on your new baby! I'm so glad you had a good experience. smile.gif

Thank you so much for sharing the info about your vba2c with us; I really appreciate it. It gives me hope should we ever decide to go for kiddo #3. I thought I would be out of luck with providers/hospitals in this area, so this is really good info to have!

#6 of 8 Old 01-22-2012, 08:27 AM

Wow...Congratulations!!  I am relieved to hear that there are folks that have had positive VBAc experiences in our area since I will be headed that way soon...

#7 of 8 Old 01-22-2012, 09:57 AM

Just in case others are lurking, Jordan Hospital recently started offering VBAC's supported by Jordan OB/GYN & Midwifery www.jordanobgynmidwifery.com which is the former South Shore Midwifery Group.  SSM is no longer at South Shore Hospital hence the name change.  Offices in  Hanover (across the road from Isis), Duxbury, Plymouth and Sandwich.  

As far as I know, the only midwifery group supporting VBAC's (or births) at South Shore Hospital is South Shore Women's Health Center http://www.southshorewomenshealth.com/.

South Shore Midwifery (now Jordan OB/GYN & Midwifery) comes up a lot in past discussions about birth on this forum, so just trying to make sure people find out about the new name and additional vbac option.

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#8 of 8 Old 03-04-2012, 02:54 PM

Congratulations! thanks for sharing!

Jessica - thanks for all the information! I would love to hear more success stories from either Jordan or South Shore. Not necessarily just VBAC or VBAC2C! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page