Any moms on the South Shore want to get together? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-30-2012, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Everyone, 

I'm Stephanie, I'm 31 and I have two boys. Gabe, who is almost 6 and Judah who is 2 1/2. I live in Weymouth (I grew up in Hingham/Cohasset) and I am desperate to find some like minded, easy going moms on the South Shore (NOT easy to come by :) )!
I loved my AP playgroup from Providence, RI where I used to live when the boys were younger. Now that we are in MA, I am struggling to find my tribe here. It's been about a year and a half and I figured it was time to try "the boards" to see where ya'll are hiding!

I would be happy to host at my place or travel to surrounding towns. 
I miss playtime for the kids and adult mama time during the week. I hope some of you are interested!
In RI we used to do potluck lunches and it was so fun!

artist mama to two BEAUTIFUL boys, Gabe 3/7/06 and Judah 9/23/09
#2 of 10 Old 02-01-2012, 09:04 AM

Hi- I'm on the South Shore with my son who is 7 and daughter who is 4 1/2.   Welcome.gif
We know a bunch of families through the South Shore AP list and I'm also the leader for the South Shore Holistic Moms Network.  We have monthly meetings in Norwell (right off the highway at exit 14) and Kingston or Plymouth and other gatherings.   I haven't posted a date yet to host a playgroup at my house, but I usually try to do that about once a month- or plan hikes or trip to a playground.  I try to post here on MDC but the Facebook page is easier to keep up to date.

The playgroups and most meetings  are pretty easy going and laid back(-;  I hope others chime in, too!

Jessica

South Shore AP  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SouthShoreAP/

Holistic Moms Network   https://www.facebook.com/HMNSShoreMA

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#3 of 10 Old 03-19-2012, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Jessica! I'll check that out!

artist mama to two BEAUTIFUL boys, Gabe 3/7/06 and Judah 9/23/09
#4 of 10 Old 08-09-2012, 09:38 PM

If you want to meet up at the Tufts Library let me know! I have two girls Ava 5.5 and Piper 3 and I live in Quincysmile.gif

One of the luckiest woman in the world! luxlove.gif

#5 of 10 Old 08-19-2012, 10:35 AM

I've been organizing hikes with Holistic Moms about twice a month.  My schedule will change again in Sept, but I hope to continue.

We also have some playgroups.

Jessica

Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#6 of 10 Old 09-05-2012, 06:33 PM

I'm in Braintree with a 3 year old son and 10 month old daughter. I'd love to meet up or host a playdate! I had a tribe too when i lived in NC but it is seemingly much harder to find on the south shore :(

#7 of 10 Old 09-06-2012, 06:57 AM

We are having a hike in Marshfield next week (Wed 1:00) - here's the info on that:  https://www.facebook.com/events/151309248341077/

I'm also hosting a film and discussion and screening for the new documentary Freedom for Birth 9/20 6:30pm at Hingham Public Library

Email me if you want to be on the Holistic Moms email list for our events and activities.

Jessica

HMNSShoreMA@gmail.com

#8 of 10 Old 09-29-2012, 05:23 PM

Hi All!

I am also in Weymouth with two boys (a 4 year old and almost 6 month old) and have been hoping to find some like-minded moms as well! We are mostly without a car, but live within walking distance of Tufts library so spend a lot of time there. If any one would be up for meeting up there in the coming weeks, that would be great!

Keri-Ann

#9 of 10 Old 10-14-2012, 07:19 PM

I'm finally online after never having time.  I just want to put in a plug for Jessica and all she does for HMN and organizing events and play groups.  I work, and my kids are in school, so we can't make it to the daytime events, but I can vouch for the fact that it's a very friendly, accepting group of moms and kids!

#10 of 10 Old 10-14-2012, 09:03 PM

Thanks Amy!  That means a lot!
I happen to think I've met so many awesome families that I'm so grateful for the opportunities!   I just have to squeeze in my volunteering with everything else.
I have some things in the works for October, but the details are not finalized- so if anyone does look and see that not much is going on- my apologies... please email to be added to the email list or check back.

Jessica

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page