Cooley Dickinson Childbirth Center - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-07-2012, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am looking for any reviews comments about the Cooley Dickinson Childbirth Center.  I just met with one of the midwives and got a good impression but I am not sure how I feel about the actual birthing center part.  Thanks for any input.

Mama to DD1 2007, DS 2009, DD2 2012, What a Journey this parenting thing is...

#2 of 6 Old 02-08-2012, 11:30 AM

See comment below

http://www.Facebook.com/BellyfullBirth
#3 of 6 Old 02-08-2012, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Marissa, thank you for your reply.  This is baby 3 for me.  I had my first two at Holyoke and loved my experiences there but due to a change in insurance I can not have my birth there this time around.  I am very sad about this as I really loved it there.  I have short labors and am too far away from Greenfield to try and make Franklin work.  Right now, it seems as if my only options are Baystate, Mercy or Cooley and even Cooley is bit far for me.  I feel like I have had the best of hospital experiences thus far and I now have to settle but I am still hoping for another fantastic experience.  Knowing a little more about my situation, do you have any advice or suggestions?  Again, thank you for your reply.

#4 of 6 Old 02-09-2012, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

I'd still love to hear from other women about their experiences at Cooley.  Again, I really enjoyed the midwife that I met with and she made me feel totally comfortable about my birthing experience.  Now, I'd like to get a better feeling for the postpartum experience at Cooley-the part that really relies on the hospital staff.  Thanks!

I know that there are older posts about local hospitals but a lot can change in a few years and I'd love to hear some more recent perspectives.

#5 of 6 Old 02-10-2012, 05:56 AM

I am so happy that women have wonderful birth choices in the Valley. But each choice that we are faced with; midwifery practice, hospital, or home birth has pros, cons and unknowns. It is so essential that you choose pregnancy and birth companions/care providers with whom you feel you can develop deep trust.. I encourage you to visit the maternity centers, meet some of the nurses and get a feel of the area. Then if you are still unsure, go back to the midwives of the practices you are considering and talk about it. I hope it becomes clear!

#6 of 6 Old 03-02-2012, 05:47 AM

I wanted to add that since I posted above, I've been down to tour the Cooley Midwifery Center and learn more about their history. The office is absolutely the most comfortable and family friendly of any in the area, and the midwives are confident that women can have natural births at their hospital. The hospital is being sold to Mass General, I just heard this week, and I'm not sure anyone knows how what impact that will have, if any, on the maternity floor. I liked what the previous poster said about exploring all aspects of a practice and a hospital before making a choice - visiting and speaking with the nurses, etc. Best of luck, and of course if I can be helpful, please let me know.

http://www.Facebook.com/BellyfullBirth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page