Dr Sarah Shreter in Swansea - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-20-2012, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone see her, or have any opinions? Thanks

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 02-24-2012, 06:14 AM

My husband, myself and our two children see her.  She takes time with you like docs did back in the day and she is flexible and respectful about vaccine issues (none, some, all).  We like her a lot.  

She is not really alternative, in the sense that she doesn't really offer too many natural alternatives like homeopathy or herbs, but I know she has studied homeopathy and her husband is a chiropractor.

If you are near providence then there are some really great folks there too... Dr. McGonigle, Dr. Kupperberg (Foster, RI).

Best of luck on your search!

#3 of 5 Old 02-24-2012, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks paige, I have an appt w/ her soon, hoping that she will be a good fit, and not take too long for me to get to her office.

Dr. McGonigle was out of network for me, which i was so bummed about. Oh well.

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#4 of 5 Old 03-01-2012, 05:23 AM

We see her (we have a six month old)...well, actually we see her assistant Roberta. Both are very nice and helpful. We aren't vaccinating and she has been very accepting of that.

My only complaints would be that the waiting room is very small, and shared with another office. And the receptionists/nurses are pretty bad...they've made some dumb mistakes with weight, measurements, and appointments.

Ultimately, we wanted a doc that was close and wouldn't try to convince us to vaccinate or make us feel guilty about it...which is what we got :)

#5 of 5 Old 03-07-2012, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

Well she is not at all close to me, it took over 30 mins to get there.

I liked her, but only saw her for 5 minutes, literally. I saw Roberta, the N.P. , for a while, we talked about my previous health history, I had some issues back in 2008, and have not followed up at all with that, and she kind of gave me a kick in the butt to get in charge of my health care.

I did however, after talking to Roberta for 1/2 hour, hear her retelling my whole history to Dr. Shreter through the thin walls!!! I am not 100% sure why they do that. My appointment was with Dr. Shreter, so why did she not just sit in on the appointment?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page