Need OB/GYN rec on South Shore (launching from Norwood) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 02-28-2012, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Not sure if you'll have suggestions but I thought I'd start here.

I'm looking for an OB/GYN who can help me get pregnant. I'm 'advanced age' at 40 and have been TTC for almost a year (though not with temping or even consistent ovulation sticks, just having fun with no protection at all during the the better times of each cycle).

My last pregnancy/birth/postpartum were traumatic (planned home birth, had physical issues, transferred to hospital after laboring at home, tried to push, ended up with section, lost my milk, etc.). So I'm not even sure I'm comfortable with a VBAC, much less a home birth. Now that I have my preschooler, I just can't imagine experiencing even 50% of what I did last time and doing that to/with my dd and dh. 

That said, I am otherwise pretty natural: I am seeing an acupuncturist for fertility in a month, I believe in homeopathy, delayed/selective vacc's for my kid, herbs, vitamins, etc. But I do need to get seen by an ob/gyn just in case this chapter of my life is over. And if it's not, I'd like to find a doctor that can help me with the pregnancy (not that I think I need a lot of medical intervention but I did last time) and possible surgery (I think women's bodies are amazing, I think my dd and I didn't fit together last time. It was very traumatic. I can't put them through that like last time. I need to have both options.)

Does anyone know of an ob/gyn who is kind and caring and allows me to choose what I need to do for my family?

Thank you. I appreciate any suggestions you have.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page