Waldorf or Montessori inspired preschools/daycare on the South Shore? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-19-2012, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone!
I'm looking for some options for my 2 1/2 year old son for the fall. He won't turn 3 until Sept 23rd so I think most preschool options will be out but I'm looking to have him go somewhere for a few days a week so I can work. 

Does anyone know of some home-based babysitting/daycare options that are Waldorf or Motessori inspired in the Hingham/Scituate/Hull/Cohasset/Weymouth/Braintree area?

I would appreciate ANY leads! Thanks!

artist mama to two BEAUTIFUL boys, Gabe 3/7/06 and Judah 9/23/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 03-19-2012, 07:27 PM

I wish I knew of any leads...   I'm hoping to go to the Waldorf School of Cape Cod this Friday for their lecture with Kim Jon Payne...
I used to live in Plymouth when the WSCC was in Bourne- so we could attend the parent child programs... I really miss it.  
Jessica

PS

In case anyone is interested in the Friday public lecture

http://waldorfschoolofcapecod.org/media/images/userfiles/files/parent%20ed%20registration%20form%20March%202012.pdf

PUBLIC LECTURE:  Friday, March 23rd
, 7:00-9:00pm  
SIMPLICITY PARENTING - Part I 
Why Simplify?  Simplifying the Environment and Strengthening the Rhythm 
$10 Suggested Donation 
There will be a reception following the lecture with refreshments provided by the
Waldorf Community Association.

WORKSHOP:  Saturday, March 24th
, 8:30am – 2:30pm  
SIMPLICITY PARENTING – Part II 
Simplifying Schedules and Filtering Out the Adult World 
$50 Early Registration ($60 after March 1st

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#3 of 5 Old 03-26-2012, 02:49 PM

Have you tried a google search. There are several montessori/montessori inspired schools in the area. I do not have personal experience with any of them, at least not yet.

But there is

Inly in Scituate

Bay Farm and Blue River (both in Duxbury)

Old Colony in Hingham

Seaside in Hull

Hope that helps!

#4 of 5 Old 03-27-2012, 08:52 PM

Oh- if you meant schools and not in home than I still think it may be hard to find a part time program, especially with Montessori. In my experience with inquiring about Montessori- they all require preschool kids (age 3, 4 and 5) to be in all 5 days.  At that point, it was a deal breaker for me.  The home-based ones are often more flexible, but I'm not sure if there are any.  There's a lovely Waldorf inspired day care in Acushnet- there may be some in Plymouth and on the Cape.  I just learned about a Waldorf-inspired home day care in Plymouth, now that I think of it... but that's not in the area the OP is looking for. .
There is also a Montessori school in Quincy.

If you can find the "Family Network" programs in your town they often have a list of in-home providers.  Usually the people working for the family partnership are somewhat familiar with the providers so you might get some idea from them which child care providers might be closer to your needs.  I've had great experiences with the Family Networks in Quincy and Plymouth (I've lived in both of those places) and I have not really connected with the Networks elsewhere now that my kids are almost out of  early childhood (my youngest will start K next year)

There is:  Hull Family Network

http://www.town.hull.ma.us/Public_Documents/HullMA_FamNet/homepage
http://communitycareforkids.net/  Quincy and South Shore

Oh, here it is you can find the Child Care Resource & Referral  near you

http://www.eec.state.ma.us/ChildCareSearch/CCRR.aspx

I've had people recommend a few in-home places to me since I've moved to this area, but I don't remember the names.  Our dd has gone to the 2 day and 3 day program at the Natural Science Center in Norwell.  It's not home-based, but it is at the nature center.   If you want a small class size it might not be what you are looking for, but it may be a compromise if you want the extra outside time.  

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#5 of 5 Old 04-11-2012, 04:05 PM

There is a home based Waldorf preschool in Acushnet - Wee Folk Farm. The waiting list is often very long. Our son was there for a year until we moved. We loved it and highly recommend it. http://www.weefolkfarm.com/

User Tag List