Childbirth Prep Classes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-19-2012, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need some information. I am pregnant (first child*) and due in October. We are hoping for a planned homebirth. My midwife has suggested that we take a Bradley Childbirth Class. The problem is that we will be on Cape Cod for the summer, we own a summer buisness and coming back to RI for class every week isn't feasible. Given my due date summer is the best time to take the class.

Does anyone know if Bradley Classes are available on the Cape and if so, who should I contact.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2012, 07:09 PM

As far as I know, there aren't any Bradley classes here.  However, there are excellent options for childbirth classes in an out-of-hospital setting.  I know of two CPMs who teach childbirth classes, and others.  They probably know some of Bradley technique and information and can incorporate that into the class.  If you want their info, message me!

Old 03-25-2012, 09:19 PM

Not a Bradley class but Kate of My Mamma's Milk sometimes does childbirth prep classes with 'my' doula, Erin.  Kate is in Bourne.  You can see a little about the class  here:  http://www.mymammasmilk.com/Classes.html    Don't be concerned about the (lack of) dates, I just spoke to her this week and she does plan to offer the classes.    I don't know about Kate's background with homebirth but I know Erin's doula work takes her to both home and hospital.  

I believe Bradley has a website with providers listed but there are many CBE's that may use natural birth principles other than the Bradley method... you may find more classes if you are open to other methods, such as Birthing From Within or if you can find some moms that recommend a CBE because she focused on empowering birth/natural birth.  But the poster above said much the same-- I'd go through and get the scoop from redcanary!

I hope you have a beautiful pregnancy and peaceful birth!  -Jessica

(I took childbirth classes - for my 2nd birth) from Heidi in Acushnet  http://www.weefolkfarm.com/class.htm)

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
Old 04-11-2012, 04:32 PM

If you do need to come back to RI for classes, I just finished Lauren Armand's Bradley series at Breathing Time Yoga in RI and I recommend it. You could probably contact her and see if she can recommend anything on the Cape for you, and she also adapts the Bradley curriculum to two private sessions you could take when you are in RI. She's very accommodating of schedules and very nice!

She's also a doula.

http://www.gentlebirthri.com/about.html

[email protected]
(401) 480-2460

Armando John, born 8-3-12

Check out my Etsy store - fun, homemade items for baby and home:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/RedDahlias

Old 04-15-2012, 06:01 PM

Hi, 

I am a Bradley teach in Lowell, and I think that Ann Marie Lindquist teaches Bradley classes down on the cape, or atleaest near there.  If you look on Bradleybirth.com you can find her information.  

Good luck!

Kaedra 

User Tag List