Does anyone know what the restrictions on Vbac at the Birthplace at Jordan? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-27-2012, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi. I am still considering vbac at the birthplace at Jordan. Does anyone know what the policies are surrounding particularly being able to be in  nwater or having to be on constant monitoring  I have my first appointment next week so I want to know what questions to ask.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-27-2012, 06:46 PM

I toured with a midwife there - you can't use the regular tubs in the rooms, but they have a slightly bigger room with a birthing tub that you can use, which was a nice option.  I don't think you have to do constant monitoring, but not positive...you do need to have a Hep-lock.  Everything seemed very VBAC friendly.

#3 of 3 Old 03-27-2012, 07:08 PM

I considered Jordan for my daughter's birth- and it was not a vbac- but I remember that then there was only 1 birth pool. So you definitely want to know how to optimize your chances for the pool.  I didn't use a tub very well for my first birth- I was too impatient and I didn't think of filling it ALL the way up.  I did utilize the tub better for my 2nd birth- and even though it wasn't a birthing pool, it was still amazing.  I sure wish I had calmed down enough to fill up the tub ALL the way but sometimes the most obvious things escape you in the moment  (especially when the support I had didn't have a clue I was freaking out) .

I heard they do require hep-lock for vbac's.   Definitely ask at your appointment!  Take it one step further, if something is troubling to do-- 'what happens if I refuse that or if I'm uncomfortable with that?'  They do have to have your consent for anything they do and some things you might be able to decline.

I hope your appointment goes well!  

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page