Primary Care Dr for myself - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-30-2012, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking for a primary care dr for myself and wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations? There are so many dr's out there I don't know where to start.  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-30-2012, 06:08 PM

the women's medicine collaborative in prov, ri on river street comes highly recommended.

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#3 of 3 Old 06-19-2012, 05:11 PM

What area are you in?

I have one that I've seen a couple of times and feel really good about - she's very calm, kind, knowledgeable and most importantly she takes time to listen to you.  Dr. Mary Guerrera-  I am quite skittish about MD's in general but she has the knowledge and skill of an MD but the heart of a healer.  

My second pick if things had not worked out with her was Dr. Karl Dauphnais in Farmington. - He is wonderful, looks you in the eye, is an athlete himself which is great if you are a runner/cyclist/or just someone who takes care of herself.  He was kind enough to meet with me and let me interview him.  To this day I am pestering my husband to switch to him because I just think so highly of him.  

P.S - both of these physicians are double board certified in family medicine/internal medicine and holistic health, and they are neither new kids on the block nor relics.  If you want more info, pm me.

Good luck! - don't be afraid to interview a number of people - if they can't make time to meet with you and appreciate the fact that you take this kind of a relationship seriously, then they are probably not the one for you.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page