Brand "new" to being a mother of a gifted teenage daughter - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-03-2012, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Mother of a single child. Always thought that she was just very bright, friendless girl. Finally light dawns on me that maybe we should have her tested for Aspergus to see if she falls into a the range. Only to find out she is gifted. (I, on the other hand is completed unwrapped). She makes friends quickly. But they only last a couple of weeks. She so wants to be accepted.  I have to find her a summer camp for gifted kids. Any help out there for me to where to start? Do I share this information with her school, and my friends whose children my daughter never got along with, but so desperetely wanted.  Tears of years of heart aches.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 03:04 PM

I'm not really sure of where these kind of camps r held. maybe try the farms or summer programs though a Montessori school. my daughter has trouble making Friends in her grade. she is not gifted, she is in a high level reading group though. it suxs..she has social issues too..all the best

nursing mama to four beauitful lilttle gurls... Ivyrose lady.gif 3.13.2004
Arwinn 1.18.2006 kid.gif
Lily-anna 10.06.2010 fly-by-nursing1.gif

Clara 7/31/12 bfinfant.gif

hug.gif married to dh steve since june 2010

winner.jpg hang.gifdishes.gifdizzy.giffamilybed2.gifjammin.gif mama Amy 

Old 09-07-2012, 06:30 PM

I feel what you are saying.  My oldest is 12 and a great kid but has always had trouble making and esp keeping friends.  She is in Gifted classes in school- great at her classes but socially awkward.  It breaks my heart to see her struggle- I am also at a loss.  We are trying Drama at school.  Hopefully she'll find her niche.

User Tag List