Looking for doula recommendations in Connecticut, Hartford/Waterbury area. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-15-2012, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am due in June and I'll be having a VBAC at Bristol Hospital. This will be my second VBAC and third baby at Bristol. My doula from my previous birth moved away and I'm having a hard time dealing with hiring a new doula, I don't know why.  I keep wishing someone I already know or know of would just appear!

So, I'm looking for someone who ideally has VBAC experience, and Bristol Hospital experience. My practice is CCOG and it should be a midwife delivery. No complications so far, I am 37 but I don't think that counts. winky.gif

I'm willing to talk to doulas who don't have the above experience, or who are less experienced in general. You never know who you will click with, and I hope I'll be a pretty easy client. (knock on wood.) Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions. Feel free to self-promote, PM if necessary.

Tina
Mom to two boys, 2002 and 2004 and a bouncing baby due in June, 2012!    autismribbon.gif               jumpers.gif

#2 of 8 Old 04-15-2012, 04:42 PM

Have you considered going through Birth Partners?  They have several doulas on staff and they will match you up with who they think you'll mesh with best, depending on what you are looking for.  You obviously have final say, but it's nice to have some of that work done for you ahead of time!

www.BirthPartnersDoulas.com

Hope you find the right fit!

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

#3 of 8 Old 04-16-2012, 05:17 AM

Second Birth Partners! My doula was from Waterbury and I know there was at least one other in the same area.

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

#4 of 8 Old 04-17-2012, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, I have already contacted Birth Partners.  My last doula was from Birth Partners, but I knew her personally and that's how I "found" her, rather than having someone chosen for me.  I can't explain why I feel the need to look in other directions, but I was curious if anyone else had any personal recommendations before signing the contract with them.  If that makes sense!

Tina
Mom to two boys, 2002 and 2004 and a bouncing baby due in June, 2012!    autismribbon.gif               jumpers.gif

#5 of 8 Old 04-21-2012, 01:36 PM

have you checked the doulamatch website?

#6 of 8 Old 05-02-2012, 01:54 PM

I know someone great that goes to Hartford, but not sure her exact geographic area. Karen Bayne is an experienced doula, a childbirth educator, and an all around lovely person. You should give her a call. (I'm a doula too, and I work with her closely, but I don't go that far into CT)

http://www.Facebook.com/BellyfullBirth
#7 of 8 Old 05-09-2012, 10:07 AM

Cindy Lou Burgess is out that way as well as Dawn Byington--they are both great.  I also travel to Hartford area but don't have much VBAC experience.  Best of luck to you for a happy and healthy birth! :)

http://www.allaboutbirth.net/ (Cindy Lou)

http://www.experienceyourbirth.com/ (Dawn)

Footprints Doula Services

Mama to Oliver 12.22.07 & Lucille 7.14.10

#8 of 8 Old 05-15-2012, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for everyone's input. I think I've found someone.

Tina

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page