Best option HBAC or VBAC friendly hospital in CT - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-06-2012, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm about 24 weeks pg and had a c-section for my first birth. I was planning an HBAC and was seeing a HB midwife. I was found to have an antibody issue (anti little e) and am being followed by a perinatologist. So far all the tests have come back fine and although there is a chance the baby could be born with some jaundice it's unlikely. The midwife was fine with all of this and then all of a sudden changed her mind so now I'm left with not knowing where to go.

Idk I'd another HB midwife would see me and if so idk who I would go to. Last time I delivered at Danbury Hospital with the birthing center midwives and I didn't like Danbury Hospital and was trying to avoid it this time around.

I just don't know what to do and was hoping someone had advice or suggestions in who/where to call. I'm in Danbury.

Thanks.
#2 of 6 Old 05-06-2012, 05:43 PM

Since you are in Danbury, have you considered contacting some homebirth midwives in New York?  You could cross-post in the New York/New Jersey/Pennsylvania forum for suggestions there too.   Most of the homebirth midwives who do HBACs in CT are pretty far from you... Joni Stone, Kim Cash, and Nancy Farr would be my top 3 recommendations; Joni is the closest to you and she is in the New Haven area, Kim and Nancy are up in the northeast corner.

Good luck in your search, mama.  I hope you get to try for the birth you want!

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

#3 of 6 Old 05-08-2012, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the recommendations. I can't find contact info for some of the midwives you memtioned. I posted on the NY board and no one is responding. I'm really not sure where to go from here.
#4 of 6 Old 05-09-2012, 10:02 AM

Here are a few more options. I haven't worked directly with these midwives but have heard good things.  https://www.facebook.com/CircleForLifeMidwifery

http://www.birthandbeyond.info/

Footprints Doula Services

Mama to Oliver 12.22.07 & Lucille 7.14.10

#5 of 6 Old 05-09-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukolo View Post

Thanks for the recommendations. I can't find contact info for some of the midwives you memtioned. I posted on the NY board and no one is responding. I'm really not sure where to go from here.

If you let me know who you need contact info for I can get it for you.  Also, if you are on Facebook you may want to join these two groups and ask there too...

Midwifery in CT https://www.facebook.com/groups/199325316753212/

United Families for Midwifery Care CT https://www.facebook.com/groups/90072133235/

Circle for Life Midwifery may be worth a call if you don't think it's to far (they deliver at St. Vincent's in Bridgeport).  Birth&Beyond is only doing homebirths right now and as far as I know, they don't do VBAC/HBAC.

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

#6 of 6 Old 05-12-2012, 05:44 PM

I would say your best hospital VBAC options would be St. Mary's in Waterbury (Dr. Albini specifically) and the midwives at St. Raphael's in New Haven (Ctr for Women's Health and Midwifery). I have heard some great stories from both places. I believe that St. Vincent's has a VBAC ban now so they are probably not an option. :(

I would check the forums at ICAN online to see about options in Westchester.  I am the former chapter leader of ICAN of Hartford, which is how I got my info on our area- but others online might have more info about options to the South/West of you.  http://ican-online.org/forum/

Good luck!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page