Experienced doula needed, Boston Edd 12/23; hospital birth - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-20-2012, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all, the great doula we used last time turned us down due to due date. I am "high risk" so must deliver in very medicalized setting but desire as few interventions as possible. Looking for someone experienced at helping people navigate hospital systems especially given we'll likely deliver when all the experienced doctors are on vacation and might get stuck with uptight young doctors. Two mom family. Thanks for any tips!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 06-26-2012, 07:18 PM

I would love to support you for your birth. I am DONA and ToLabor trained professional birth doula. I am also a CLC or certified in lactation, so I can support you with breastfeeding. I had a very medicalized birth due to toxemia and have been passionate about supporting moms to navigate their hospital experience ever since. I live in Salem, MA and can attend any hospital in Boston. I also do a relaxation workshop for you and your partner during our prenatal visit to begin to prepare for your hospital birth. We create the outcome that you want!

How can I best support you in your birth? What is most important to you during labor?

Feel free to call me at 978 210 2084 or visit my website at www.sidebysidedoulas.com 

All the best,

kathleen Hoff.

#3 of 8 Old 06-26-2012, 07:25 PM

Hi!

i am a doula not to far from Boston.I am also a nurse, with over 20 years experience.

I feel that i could very helpful in making sure your wishes were honored in the hospital

setting.I think Moms need a doula more than ever in the hospital! Especially

if you are high risk.

My phone number is: 781-492-5647

Kate Hoffman

#4 of 8 Old 06-26-2012, 07:40 PM

Hi! I am available around your due time and I have attended many births in the Boston area and I am comfortable working in many different settings from home to small and large hospitals. If you would like to contact me, you can reach me through my website www.naturalwondersbirthing.com.  

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kim Lueders

#5 of 8 Old 06-26-2012, 08:04 PM

Hi,

Congratulations on your pregnancy.  It is an amazing, miraculous time. My name is Sara and  I am an experienced certified doula as well as a lactation counselor.   I trained with Doulas of North America (DONA) as well as Birth and Bonding (located in Berkeley, CA) and have attended many different workshops.  I absolutely love helping women through the birth process and have been to many amazing and very unique births including "high risk" that were empowering and beautiful.

As a birth doula, I accompany women and their partners during labor, birth and immediate postpartum providing continuous emotional, physical, and informational support as well as lactation support immediate postpartum (and beyond if necessary).  I focus on listening to the pregnant mother/couples birth vision and needs and assist the manifestation of a positive birth experience offering comfort measures, encouragement and breath strategies throughout while working harmoniously with medical professionals and loved ones.   Additionally, I have experience helping women succeed in VBAC, high risk births, water birth and hypnobirthing. 

I am available during your birthing season, always work within the perimeters that you outlined and would love to meet with you to see if we would be a good fit. Feel free to call me (339.364.1987) or email with any thoughts or Inquiries.

Warmly,

Sara 

#6 of 8 Old 06-27-2012, 06:11 AM

Hi There,

I am a seasoned birth and pp doula of 26 years.  I am also a midwife and I teach hypnobirthing.  I have atteneded ove one thousand births.  I would love to speak with you and get to know you and your family's needs around bringing your baby easily into your lives.

I am especially skilled at helping folks navigate and negotiate their way through the medicalized birth scene in Boston hospitals.  Not always an easy task for sure.  I can also assist with hypnosis/relaxation techniques that really work. 

I work with a team of doulas who all have amazing thins to offer all my cluents as well.  This can happpen in preparation for your birth or if we should need back up at all. Not likely but just in case.

Please tell me where you are birthing and when you are due.  Thanks.

Please vsist my websites at both www.sidebysidedoulas.com or www.birthsong.net  My doula partner Kathleen has contacted you too!  We make a great team.

Also feel free to call anytime 978-835-6357

Best,

Dena Carmosino

#7 of 8 Old 06-29-2012, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks all for responding. I will start calling you on Sunday. I'm sorry for the delayed response, I've been quite sick.  I look forward to connecting!

#8 of 8 Old 07-01-2012, 10:10 AM

Hi There,

I just read your post again and I see you are a two mom family.  Just thought I would throw in that I have supported about 5 2 mom families through their birth experiences over the years. 

Looking forward to hearing from you soon. 

Dena

www.sidebysidedoulas.com

978-835-6357

Tags
Doula

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page