looking for Framingham pediatrician ok with delaying or skipping certain vaccines. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-24-2012, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, I'm New.

My husband and i have just started trying to get pregnant and we thought we'd get a head start on finding a pediatrician.  

We living in Framingham, MA and are looking for a doctor that will allow us to delay or skip certain vaccines. I'm getting overwhelmed with all the information. Most pediatricians i've found say they will not deviate from the CDC suggested schedule. 

I'm going to be breastfeed for the first year maybe two.

Help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 08:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Here are two great places in your area.  We are currently going to Visions Medical center.  We followed our family doctor from the Marino Center, when he started Visions Medical Center.  They are great there as well.   Both places tend to be more holistic.  Neither places gave us any problems with vaccines.  We delayed most vaccines and refused others.  They didn't give us any problems, and I liked the holistic approach they take on health as well.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:14 PM

I go to Visions, too, though I have yet to take my daughter there. I've been taking her to Dr. Lobovits over at Southboro Medical in Framingham. He has given me the required speech on vaccines once, told him I appreciated it, but that I was not doing any vaccinations, and that was that. He doesn't give me any trouble on it, though he does disagree. He is also very laid back and old school, which I have to say I like. not alarmist at all, and he has a great demeanor with kids.

Come ponder with me about food!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I actually attend Southboro Medical in Framingham for my OB/GYN so that might work. We are going to be looking for a two bedroom in December. Hopefully we will stay in the area but we might move closer to Boston since my husband works there. 

Also, just checked out the Visions website, i'm going to look into it. They seem to have some really good options for me as well.

Thanks again. 

Old 06-30-2012, 08:41 AM

My son used to go to Dr. Alan Lobovitz at Southboro Medical (rte 9 in Framingham).  He was fabulous.  He never gave me a problem about vaccinating.  Dr Lobovitz was great with my son.

I only changed docs because I moved further east.  

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

User Tag List