Anyone done a vaginal breech at Mt Auburn? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-26-2012, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm 38 weeks with baby #5 and it won't stay head down.  I'm currently wearing an abdominal binder and trying things from spinning babies.  I'm going to try chiro care next week when my new insurance starts, but it looks like a real possibility of a breech baby and therefore I'm being "directed" to have a c-section.  Two of my other kids were 8/12 at birth and this one doesn't feel as big.  I was told I "could" deliver a breech vaginally if the on-call dr were willing to do it  (I see the midwives).  So, has anyone every done a vaginal breech and how did it go?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Hi NH mom. Is your babe still breech? I noticed your post and thought I'd bump it up. Maybe someone has some experience to share. But I think you'd get more feedback about breech birth in the Birth and Beyond forum. Good luck!

Old 07-02-2012, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It's true there are some doctors at Mt. Auburn who are "willing" to deliver vaginal breech babies, but you can always refuse a c-section due to breech position too, as long as you know the baby's frank or full breech.  Just arrive in labor and politely (and repeatedly!) say no thanks.  You'll need to sign an AMA (against medical advice) form.  Then again, don't know if you'd want your vaginal breech delivery in the hands of a doctor who doesn't have enough experience with it either.  It's a really tough spot to be in.  A call to Dr. Hardiman's office can't hurt, there might be a chance she'd let you switch to her care at the last minute.  

User Tag List