Cost of Homebirths in MA - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-09-2012, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I read a thread about homebirths but it was from 2008, just wanted to know if the costs are similar in 2012. $3,000 to $3,500. Although I saw a couple of women that talked about $5,000 :o... Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-11-2012, 07:40 AM

I have just interviewed several home birth midwives in eastern MA (Burlington area and Boston). Each of them had costs ranging from $3000-$3500. From what I have read in previous threads, there is only one midwife that I know of that charges $5000, but I never met with her. Both sets of midwives that I met with have billing services, where they attempt to get reimbursement for you from your insurance plan. If you have a PPO, especially an out of state PPO, you may have the best chance of getting some money back. I have BCBS Carefirst PPO (Maryland), and I'm hoping to get a little money back...but I won't plan on it! :)

#3 of 3 Old 07-11-2012, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kperry View Post

I have just interviewed several home birth midwives in eastern MA (Burlington area and Boston). Each of them had costs ranging from $3000-$3500. From what I have read in previous threads, there is only one midwife that I know of that charges $5000, but I never met with her. Both sets of midwives that I met with have billing services, where they attempt to get reimbursement for you from your insurance plan. If you have a PPO, especially an out of state PPO, you may have the best chance of getting some money back. I have BCBS Carefirst PPO (Maryland), and I'm hoping to get a little money back...but I won't plan on it! smile.gif

Thanks... it seems that it hasn't change in the last couple of years. I wouldn't count on the plan like you said.wink1.gif.but.it.would be nice... Thanks for.the.answer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page