UC on south shore - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-18-2012, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I'm looking for experiences from anyone who has done UC or knows of anyone who has on the south shore. Did you see a health care provider for prenatal care? What was their reaction to not going to the hospital or not "making it" to the hospital? Thanks!

Erika Dh Russell 6/4/04, Shealeigh Rose 12/12/04, Devlin Russell 2/9/10
#2 of 4 Old 07-20-2012, 08:05 AM

Hi I know of some others and I hope they will jump in at some point.  Most of them had a back up midwife, homebirth or other.  Looks like you are in Plymouth and Jordan OB/Midwifery, formerly South Shore Midwifery may have unexpectedly supportive midwives.  Louise in Wareham (Wareham Nurse Midwives) may also do this.  

In most cases the moms called around and asked for a consultation till they found someone they liked and felt was a good fit for their plan.  If you "plan" on not making it to the hospital, you should consider what your insurance covers, in my opinion.  A good midwife puts in a lot of time and effort for prenatal care and some of the insurances compensate them insufficiently for just prenatals.  If they know ahead that you are planning on UC, they are less likely to feel slighted than if they figure out you were planning this in the end.

Good luck!

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#3 of 4 Old 07-20-2012, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Should I call my insurance to see what they cover if someone doesn't make it to the hospital? I guess I can feel out my midwife. I'm going to Jordan midwifery, but haven't even had my first appt and I'm 13 weeks. I just don't foresee getting any support for birthing on my own. Maybe i'll talk to some homebirth midwives and see what they charge. Thanks!

Erika Dh Russell 6/4/04, Shealeigh Rose 12/12/04, Devlin Russell 2/9/10
#4 of 4 Old 07-24-2012, 12:11 PM

The Jordan midwives are really sweet and I think they'd be pretty open to talking about it. I didn't really like the doctors, but the midwives are absolutely amazing. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page