Wondering about Marshfield,Ma? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-23-2012, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

HI,

I am a family of 5, 3 kids, ages 9 and under. We are still looking to relocate to Mass., and Marshfield came on our radar, simply for our budget you get more house, and it is by the water. Other than that I do not know much about the area. I was hoping to get some feed back on whether there is a walkable downtown beach area, shops and parks. I am ofcourse curious about the schools, and traffic traveling to Boston, people, restaurants and things close by to do for date night, activities for the children, grocery shopping stores, where people might have to travel for pediatricians, closest Urgent care, Hospital. My son has asthma and sometimes I have to travel to the ER. We are hoping it will be different moving back to the water, but ??? we will have to see.

I would really love any and all information you can give me to get a feel for the town.

Thank you.

Angela

#2 of 3 Old 07-23-2012, 11:14 AM

Angela, I live about 35 mins from there and go to Marshfield sometimes for work reasons. The center of town is the shopping area around town hall, down to the library. It is semi-walkable, with some small shops, but also has a plaza with a Job Lot and other big stores (I think a supermarket). The good thing is that the plaza sort of has this quiet access road behind town hall, so cars go pretty slowly, and it is safe to walk. The beach area is not downtown, but Marshfield does have plenty of public access to beaches. The Brant Rock area is a fun beach spot with a small independent grocery market, restaurants, and some parking. In summer you may need a resident beach sticker to make parking easier.

The town is building a brand new high school over the next couple of years. The funding for that has already been approved.

I like Marshfield very much. If I wanted to live in commuting distance to Boston, I would definitely consider it. It has a certain quality of being nice without being too stuffy.

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#3 of 3 Old 07-24-2012, 06:04 AM

hey mama!  we live in marshfield (brant rock) with dd3 and dd5.  we love it!  it isn't as upscale as some of the other surrounding towns but it has some wonderful resources.  pm me for more info or maybe we can chat via phone if you need more info!  be well!

mama to cecilia and rosa with 1 old:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page