Home Birth/VBAC in South Shore MA area? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-24-2012, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all! I noticed a bunch of posts around here from the South Shore, so I thought I'd ask whether anyone has any recommendations for a VBAC or HBAC in the South Shore area.

I've had two c-sections, both attempting vaginal births. I'm not sure whether I can deliver vaginally, but I would like to talk to a midwife in the area and get some recommendations to see whether it is possible. We were thinking of a home birth because I do labor for a long time and both times that caused the doctors to put on the pressure for a c-section. If there were actually a doctor who were truly VBAC friendly in the area, I'd be open to that too. 

So, any suggestions, stories, etc? Any advice would be very much appreciated! 

Thanks! 

#2 of 4 Old 07-25-2012, 11:40 AM

I would highly recommend Nancy Wainer! She will be able to give you a lot of VBAC information, and will make you feel very comfortable about it. :) Good luck!

#3 of 4 Old 08-03-2012, 04:41 PM

I can't speak directly to your VBAC situation, but I highly recommend Tara Kenny and/or Audra Karp (they often work as a team).  They attended both of my son's births and I absolutely love them.  Please feel free to PM me for their contact info or if you have any questions about my experience.  Good luck :)

Proud mommy to DS 10/27/09, and two crazy fur babies, married to my superman, and loving this mommy thing! No circ, no vaxes, veg, and making up the rest as I go along
#4 of 4 Old 08-03-2012, 08:12 PM

Hi!  You should get on the South Shore AP list if you are not already... lots of moms with VBAC experience both at home and hospital.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SouthShoreAP/

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page