Dr Cooper? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-01-2012, 03:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was reading on another tread about doctor cooper being laid back etc...who else goes to him? we have an appointment on monday ..driving over an hour to see him but if he is as good as they said he is worth it to not have to be pressured into vaccinating!...im freaking myself out so any stories here of families who dont vaccinate/delay!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-02-2012, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

I'm not familiar with Dr. Cooper. What area is he in? Perhaps with that info another poster from that area will have more information!

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 5 Old 08-27-2012, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Dr. Cooper is in Acton.  I have never met him but his wife used to be my child's preschool teacher at a Waldorf inspired school.  He is absolutely open minded and respectful and if I lived in the area I would bring my children to his practice.  His wife is as crunchy as they come and their children when younger went to the Waldorf School in Lexington if that gives you a bit of a picture ;)

#4 of 5 Old 09-03-2012, 08:40 AM

He is incredible laid back and respectful of parenting choices. I had an awful time finding a pediatrician I felt comfortable with but we're really, really happy with doctor cooper.

Alison: BFing, BWing, ERFing mama to KidA (12/25/07) and KidO (6/26/10) nocirc.giffamilybed2.gif

#5 of 5 Old 09-16-2012, 03:57 PM

You likely don't need this info anymore, but in case someone else does...I just posted a review of him in another post, so might be repeating myself.

I have a 5-week-old and we've been to his office 4 times - once as a prenatal meet and greet and 3 times with our newborn for regular weight check follow ups. Overall, he and his office have been great.

I love that he hasn't mentioned vaccines once since our prenatal meeting. He's been very hands-off when it comes to our little one. We had a planned home birth and DS was jaundiced. I didn't call Dr. Cooper until a few days after he was born. When I called to make the initial appointment, I mentioned the jaundice and the nurse said Dr. Cooper would want to see the baby ASAP. I felt like a horrible mom that I hadn't gotten there sooner, but nurse called me back and told me that the Dr. wasn't worried. It could wait a few days until our appointment. I liked that it didn't seem like an emergency, whereas most pediatricians I spoke with wanted the baby in their office within 24 hours of being born at home. Also, we decided not to circumcise our son, and he is knowledgeable and comfortable with that.

Oh, and during the first week, I had a huge issue with engorgement and their office helped get me the prescription I needed to get a breast pump from my insurance company. They didn't know me from a hole in the wall, but they bent over backwards to make sure that the script was ready ASAP. I really liked that.

We haven't had any issues with DS being sick yet, so I can't speak to their emergency appointments. I do like that every time we go, they give us a room immediately, because we have a newborn. It's nice to not have to wait long, or risk exposure to other sick children in the waiting room.

Anyway, hope you liked him!

Mama to Jaxon Sage, born 8/11/12, in the backseat of my car. smile.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page