Childcare centers in New Haven - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-20-2012, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Ladies!

My husband and I are going to be moving from RI to New Haven early next year and we are currently looking for quality childcare in New Haven.  We are hoping to find a center with small class sizes and a good student/teacher ratio.  Any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

ETA: I completely forgot that we are looking for childcare for my soon-to-be two year old son.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 09-24-2012, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Bumping this up for attention. Anyone have a recommendation to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 5 Old 09-25-2012, 12:39 PM

Hello, I am an Early Intervention Special Ed teacher in the New Haven area, and I get to spend time in many daycares all over the county.  Unfortunately, I tend to be less than impressed with most.  There are definitely high quality centers, though.  I would recommend Alphabet Academy in Hamden (5 minutes from New Haven) I was planning to send my own 2 year old there before we decided to wait one more year before sending her to preschool.  It is a bit pricey, but the school is really wonderful.  They have a website and facebook page with lots of information.  Good luck with your search!

thealphabetacademy.com

#4 of 5 Old 10-20-2012, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the information.  We toured the Alphabet Academy recently and loved it.  I'm waiting to here back to see if they will take our deposit.  

For kid-related New Haven information I also found KidHaven.com useful, although it didn't have as many recommendations as I would have hoped for.

#5 of 5 Old 10-21-2012, 09:34 AM

Yes, I forgot to mention kidhaven.com, there is definitely a heavier focus on preschool reviews and recommendations on that site.  It is a great resource for seeing what is going on in the community, though.  Glad you enjoyed your tour!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page