Pediatrician recommendations in Arlington/Somerville/Cambridge area - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-02-2012, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Looking for a pediatrician in the Arlington/Somerville/Cambridge area - we are having our first LO mid november. 

I am not sure what I should be looking for in a pediatrician since this is our first time and both me and DH were raised outside of US. So don't know what are some of the must-haves I should be looking for in a pedi!

So far I know I would like the pediatrician to be an open-minded individual who supports the following:

1) Exclusive breast feeding for at least 6 months, as well as extended breast feeding

2) Attachment Parenting

3) Preferably have some provision for extended hrs or weekend hrs for visits (just in case needed)

I live in Arlington, so anyone in a 15-20 mins driving distance works.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Me: geek.gif Happily married tobikenew.gif... DS1 (11/26/12) love.gif

#2 of 4 Old 10-03-2012, 05:52 AM

We love the Docs at Hallmark Healthcare Ball square family medicine. I use Dr.Lee for the kids. She fully supports breastfeeding, has weekend hours always runs on time and has let us Vax off schedule.  The office is in Ball Square in Sommerville.

Jenese Mama to Elliot 8/05 and Millie Jane 7/07 and Cecilia Kate 1/11
#3 of 4 Old 10-06-2012, 10:36 PM

Doctor Bershell in Somerville,Ma is a very good pediatrician,  Her office is located in Davis Sq. and her phone # is 617 666-9577

She is very respectful of people's wishes. She's more like a Holistic Doctor with all the Education, Training and Certifications. 

For Example:  If you do not vaccinate, she will respect your decisions.

Hope this helps!undefined

#4 of 4 Old 10-08-2012, 10:09 AM

We've been very happy with the doctors at Family Practice Group at 11 Water st in Arlington center.  http://www.fpgcares.com/

We've seen several of the doctors there for our whole family, and have liked all of them.  The office staff is fantastic as well.  I believe they have Saturday morning appointments for emergencies.  They do recommend vaccinations (as any doctor will), but won't turn you away or give you a hard time if you don't.  Breastfeeding is totally supported.  

We see Dr. Zucker and love her.  A few years ago they said she is only accepting infants as new patients, so you are in luck.  She's very relaxed, spends lots of time with you, sees each patient as a person, is concerned about the family as a whole.  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page