Newton Wellesley Midwives - WHA or Harvard Vanguard? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-18-2012, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I will be delivering at Newton Wellesley, and want to use midwives.  I found Women's Health Associates (WHA) and made an appointment with them.  But friends have since recommended Harvard Vanguard midwives.  Anyone have suggestions as to which practice to go with?  Thanks! 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 11-18-2012, 10:30 AM

I don't know about the other place, but I loved Harvard Vanguard when I went to them 2 years ago.  I was at the Kenmore square office and saw Ashley, she was awesome.  I also had to see a bunch of the other ladies towards the end there and I felt like there was great continuity between them all, which was nice. They really stood behind me and helped to make sure I had the birth that I wanted, even when things got dicey at the end.  I delivered at BWH.

Mommy to DS born 11-10-10  wave.gifAnd DD born 6-3-13 baby.gif  

#3 of 6 Old 11-19-2012, 11:58 AM

Harvard Vanguard Wellesley.  Wonderful midwives.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#4 of 6 Old 11-19-2012, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm due in May with my first, so can't comment on the birth support but chose to go with WHA. I met two of the midwives there and we just clicked. It has been a good relationship so far. They have a meet and greet open hose where you can stop by and ask questions and meet one of them (once a month?) which is definitely worth dropping in.

K and B, happily married partners.gif since 2005 and proud parents of one rambunctious C-monster babyf.gif
#5 of 6 Old 12-10-2012, 02:14 PM

I had a great experience with Harvard Vanguard in March! The care during pregnancy was great (alternated visits with OB and midwife) and they really respected my birth plan when I had a loooong but natural birth at NWH.
#6 of 6 Old 12-23-2012, 07:23 AM

I know this thread is getting older, but I wanted to chime in:  I went to WHA and loved it.  I really liked that it is so small.  I got to meet all the midwives - I had appointments with each of them.  (I had previously been with BWH midwives and had a bad experience with one of the midwives that I had not met, so I decided that it was important for me to know everyone before delivery.)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page