Non-CIO Pedi in the Marlborough area - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-15-2012, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband and I are looking for a pediatrician in the Marlborough area for our six month old daughter. We are currently with Southborough Medical and we are very unhappy with them. We believe she has some gas issues and have been to them four times now her four month and six month checkups as well as two special visits where we brought up her gas issue. We have seen three different pedi's and each one has told us we are crazy and we just need to let her CIO, which we are against. I'm hoping to find a pedi who is anti-cio and will listen to our concerns. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#2 of 6 Old 01-05-2013, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

I see your post was missed. I thought I'd bump it up to give it some attention and see if anyone has a recommendation to share. bump.gif

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 6 Old 01-05-2013, 08:15 PM

I am not in the area any more. Back in day the I got great advice from moms in LLL Marlborough. They meet in both Sudbury and Marlborough.

In my experience gas issues were related to diet. I was exclusively breastfeeding. Dairy was a big issue.

I have 3 well adjusted children who co- slept and never left to CIO.

We only go to the pedi for well visits. I wouldn't put much faith in a traditional pediatrician.

We see a chiropractor regularly.

#4 of 6 Old 01-06-2013, 10:28 AM

I'm in marlborough and after numerous tries,including southborou medical which was awful, we finally ended up driving to Acton Medical to see Dr. Cooper. He's amazing, super laid back and I believe his wife's a lactation consultant. Totally worth the drive.

Alison: BFing, BWing, ERFing mama to KidA (12/25/07) and KidO (6/26/10) nocirc.giffamilybed2.gif

#5 of 6 Old 03-05-2013, 05:54 AM

I just moved from Acton where we have been very happy with Dr Cooper and the rest of the pedis and nurses for four years. Wonderfully gentle, examines my baby on my lap if necessary and practical to do so. Never a problem to spread out vax. They have even administered some shots WHILE my son was breastfeeding. : )
#6 of 6 Old 03-07-2013, 04:00 PM

I don't have an answer on the pedi, but I have a woman who can truly help you find out what is going on with your daughter. She is amazing at figuring out nutritional issues, food sensitivities etc. I would highly recommend her. find her at www.healingyou.com  She is in CT, but she also works over the phone and through email to avoid multiple trips. VERY reasonable prices. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page