Dr. St. Onge in CT--still vax friendly - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-24-2013, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I've been dismissed by my son's pedi for wanting to delay some vaccines. I think I really set him off when I crossed out the line on his declination form about knowingly putting my child at risk. He didn't tell me we would be dismissed at the appointment, but then I got a letter in the mail a few days later. I guess he avoids conflict.

Anyway, I want to use Dr. St. Onge in Avon after seeing her name come up multiple times on this board. I called yesterday and after asking about my insurance I was was asked if I vaccinate my son according to schedule. I said we are late on a few because he's been sick, which is true. The receptionist then said that the practice vaccinates according to the CDC schedule and that they would need to review my son's medical records before we could set up an appointment. I'm scared my son's pedi may have written some unsavory things in his chart and I'm afraid we'll get turned down. If anyone uses Dr. St Onge, does she still work with families who delay vaccines?

I'm wondering if she's gotten some heat from other doctors or insurance companies or something. I really want this to work out and I'm so stressed about it right now. Thank you.

#2 of 5 Old 01-28-2013, 12:05 PM

Dr. St. Onge said the same thing to me when I went to see them. They are on CDC schedule, but will do a alternative schedule but by the time the kid is school age, they will have all recommended vaccinations.

We left and went to Torrington-Winsted Pediatrics (they have an office in Canton as well), and they have been excellent. Their entire office is non-vax/delayed-vax friendly except for one doctor who I heard can tend to give a hard time and that is doctor Grogrean.

I have seen all of the docs out of the Torrington office except for that Dr. Grogrean on a recommendation from another non-vax mom friend who used the same pedi. :)

The nurses and doctors have been excellent and they have late evening hours and Saturday appointments.

Here's their website: http://www.pediadocs.com

dreads.gif & T geek.gif co-parenting our Turkey Boy who arrived on Thanksgiving '12 || We:saynovax.gif nocirc.gifmomsling.GIFbfinfant.giffambedsingle1.gif

#3 of 5 Old 01-29-2013, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. I had Dr. Kavle's name and was going to try him if Dr. St. Onge didn't work out. Maybe I will just forget about Dr. St Onge. The office had requested my son's medical records before I can make an appointment. I haven't heard back from them yet. Thank you for your help!

#4 of 5 Old 01-30-2013, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

We are so happy to have found Dr. Kavle! What a wonderful man. Our appointment was probably at least 30 min. and he was very thorough. I would recommend him to anyone regardless of how they feel about vaccines. He was so kind and listened to all of my concerns. It was so refreshing to have a pedi that listens to you.

#5 of 5 Old 02-08-2013, 07:40 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Good to know about St Onge - that was my pootential back up if our current pedi, Smith-Slatas in Wethersfield, started to get pushy!  She's only lectured once but she knows I'm not interested in continuing to vax and hasn't said anything about a required 'compliance' by school age (I plan to file religious exempt anyways) and so far her only concern is that we attend well visists somewhat on schedule and that I can live with.  I do use a Naturopath in Vernon who is wonderful and I still need to look into my insurance a bit more to see the full extent of our ND coverage bc I may still switch to her as our primary for DD and any future kiddos.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page