Pediatrician recommendation for the North Shore (near Newburyport/Amesbury/Ipswich) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-26-2013, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello. We are moving to the area and looking for recommendations for a Pediatrician.  Preferably a smaller practice that is intimate and people really get to know your children really well.

They also must be supportive of explaining treatments and philosophy as I'm not the type of person who just gives my child a medication without researching it or follows what the CDC recommends. I base things on our family history and comfort level for various treatments.

Fortunately my children are exceptionally healthy and we rarely need to see a doctor except for annual check ups but I really like the practice we have now and how they ask questions and listen and support what we feel comfortable with.

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to respond!! I really appreciate it.

#2 of 2 Old 02-11-2013, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

dr horrowitz in danvers gets good ratings, he is homeopathic and his practice is very small. we go to family medicine in hamilton because we saw an amazing doctor there but he has recently left. we will be switching to michael coffey in saugus but that is a hike from newburyport.

check out http://www.meetup.com/MindfulFamilies/, its a good community and a good resource to have. :)

Thinkingoutloud likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page