Mamas near Fairfield, CT in search of a tribe!? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-25-2013, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Mamas, 

We're relatively new to this area and still haven't found many like-minded souls for friendship, support, play dates, etc. (especially those interested in extended breast feeding, whole/traditional foods, and living simply).  I'm mom to a joyous 2.5 year old and would love to connect!

Cheers, 

Charlotte

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 02-27-2013, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Bumping up for more input!  bump.gif

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 6 Old 03-11-2013, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi Charlotte!

My daughter's name is Charlotte :)

I'm in Norwalk CT. I have a almost 5 year old DS and a 10 Month old DD. Welcome to the area!!

Playdates are probably out but I'm always up for having likeminded, supportive moms in my area. 

You may want to consider joining the Fairfield County chapter of Holistic moms. The meetings are in Norwalk on the 2nd Wednesday of every month. Let me know if interested and I can send you the details :)

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#4 of 6 Old 03-24-2013, 07:51 AM

I'm in West Haven on the Milford border so only about 20 mins away.  My girls are only 4.5 mos old though.  I help run a Pathways connect meeting though once a month in Stratford for likeminded moms.  It meets the 3rd Thursday morning at 10 am at True Health Chiropractic.  We just had our first meeting this past week. Here is the FB group for it: https://www.facebook.com/groups/295903723871584/

Also there is a crunchy moms FB page.  The moms are spread through out the state but you may be able to find other moms close to you: https://www.facebook.com/groups/456564731029395/

HTH!

Happily soggy SAHM to Emerson Lily and Ellis Willow born 11.7.2012 slingtwin.gif  Exclusively breastfed, unvaccinated, cloth diapered, worn little girls who love watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!

#5 of 6 Old 05-09-2013, 12:08 PM

There are a few great resources here.

The Holistic Moms Meeting in Norwalk CT is always very informative and well organised. We had the best time at The Stand last night!

For breastfeeding and parenting support I also like LLL meetings in Stanford & Greeenwich.

the re is also local homeschooling group

The most active group with lots of playdates and a favorite program run by moms "playschool" is the Fairfield County Attachment Parenting Group that is on meetup.com; there is a small donation to be  part of the group that then pays for meetup.com and lending library.

http://www.meetup.com/fcattachmentparents/

Hope to see you in one of the get-togethers!

Giedre

Birthing From Within Mentor

www.birthfeedlove.com

#6 of 6 Old 06-23-2013, 09:24 PM

Hi! 

I am in Trumbull, I have a 2.5 year old also. If you would ever like to get together let me know. I also started a Hiking wtih Tykes group for our area. 

Erin 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page